- 800 g chicken, thighs or breast fillets
- 1 onion, cut in half and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 red chilli, deseeded
- 2 cm piece of ginger
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 lemon zest
- 20 g sesame oil
- 5 g curry powder
- 1 level tbsp chicken stock or a cube
- 60 g crunchy peanut butter
- 40 g Sweet chilli sauce
- 15 g soy sauce
- 400 g coconut cream
- 250 g baby spinach leave
- 1 hand full of cashew nuts for garnish
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Dice chicken in 3cm cubes and put aside. Cut onion in half, slice and put aside. Slice red capsicum and set aside.
Place garlic, deseeded chilli, lemon zest and ginger into TM bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7, scrape sides down and chop again if needed.
Add onion, capsicum, curry powder and oil to TM bowl and sautee
3 mins/120 degrees C//speed 1 without the MC in.
Add peanut butter, sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce, cook for
2 mins/ 120 degrees C/ /speed 1.
Scrape down sides of bowl and add coconut cream and chicken.
Cook for 15 mins/ 100 degree C//speed .
Put baby spinach in thermo server and pour cooked chicken and leave for 5 minutes, then stir gently.
Garnish with cashew nuts
Mum's Curried Chicken
If I have left over roasted sweet potato I will add this to the curry.
Also a nice curry with sausages but my family likes the sausages cooked in the frying pan so after I have added the coconut cream I cook the curry for 7 mins instead of 15 mins and put cooked sausages in the thermo server and pour the curry sauce over the top.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken in Peanut Sauce
- Pork and Fennel Quinoa Meatballs
- Chicken and Bacon Creamy Sauce - Dairy Free
- Beef and Vegetable Rissoles
- Chicken Enchilada Quinoa
- Shish Kebab Marinade
- Shanghainese Sweet Sour Pork Ribs 上海糖醋排骨
- SUI MAI DUMPLING 烧卖
- Steamed chicken breast, fresh ground polenta, pumpkin foam
- Jen's Cottage Pie
- Finger-Lickin' Good Chicken Rissoles
- Lamb Bolognese
- Hidden Veg Spaghetti Bolognese
- Autumn Spiced Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
- "No Mac" Sweet and Sour sauce
- Mushroom and Spinach Risotto
- Rosemary sausage rolls
- Chicken & Sweetcorn Risotto
- Gazpacho Andaluz (like Mama makes)
- Califlower soup with parmesen and bacon dust
- Chilli Con Quesso
- Chicken in Peanut Sauce
- Belizean Style Habanero Sauce - Hot Chilli Sauce
- Butternut Pumpkin Soup