- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 orange, zest (no white pith) and flesh
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2-3 pitted dates, cut into halves
- 60 g tamari
- 0.5 tsp Chinese Five Spice
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 0.5 tsp chilli powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 700 g skinless chicken thigh fillets, cut into pieces (3 cm)
- 0.5 tsp sea salt
- 0.5 tsp ground black pepper
- 1600 g water
- 400 g broccoli, cut into florets (approx. 3 cm)
- 200 g dried soba noodles
- 2 spring onions/shallots, trimmed and cut into slices
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place all sauce ingredients into mixing bowl and cook 4 min/Varoma/speed 1, then simmer 5 min/90°C/speed 1.
- Blend 30 sec/speed 4-9, increasing speed gradually from speed 4 to speed 9, until smooth.
- Add ghee, chicken, salt and pepper to the sauce in the mixing bowl and cook 10-15 min/90°C//speed 1, until chicken is cooked. Transfer into a thermal serving bowl (ThermoServer(R)) or other large bowl and cover to keep warm. Rinse and dry mixing bowl.
- Place water into mixing bowl, place Varoma into position and weigh broccoli into it. Secure Varoma lid and cook 14 min/Varoma/speed 1. Remove Varoma.
- Add soba noodles to mixing bowl through hole in mixing bowl lid. Place Varoma back into position and cook 3 min/Varoma//speed 2. Divide broccoli, noodles and chicken mixture between serving bowls, then garnish with spring onions/shallots and sesame seeds to serve.
Orange hoi sin sauce
Chicken, broccoli and noodles
Other users also liked...
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- Feijoa Bakewell tart
- Little piggy faces
- Pizza pockets
- Sticky buns with brown sugar glaze
- Bacon and cinnamon scrolls with salted maple glaze
- Strawberry and watermelon cake with vanilla cream (recipe by Nico Moretti)
- Quick fruit sponge
- Cashew oat drink
- Choc Caramel Slice- made with Caramel Condensed Milk.
- Zucchini and Potato Soup
- Chicken, pumpkin, basil pesto risotto
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Scallion chicken
- cron milk
- ThermoKitchen Seasoned Sushi Rice
- Variation Chicken Broccoli Bake
- Roast cauliflower dhal soup
- Iced Chocolate Biscuits
- Sugar fried chestnut ls