- 1.5 kg pork spare ribs
- 40 g olive oil
- 1 onion, cut in half
- 30 g tomato paste
- 30 g soy sauce
- 60 g Chinese wine
- 40 g Maple syrup
- 1 cm piece of ginger
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock
- 400 g water
8Recipe is created for
Place onion, garlic and ginger in mixing bowl and chop 3 seconds, speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add oil and cook 3 mins, varoma, speed 1.
Add tomato paste, soy sauce, vinegar and maple syrup. Cook for 2 minutes, 100 deg, speed 1.
Add stock and water and cook for 5 mins, 90 deg, speed 1.
Place ribs in a shallow baking dish and pour marinade over ribs, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, overnight if possible.
Place ribs in Varoma, layering them in opposite directions. Fill TM bowl with 1000g water and steam for 40 mins, varoma, speed 2.
Pre-heat oven to 160 deg. Return ribs to baking dish and pour over marinade. Cook for 40 minutes or until browned. If marinade begins to dry out add extra boiling water.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zanzibar Coconut Chicken Curry
- Hainanese Chicken Rice
- Babi Guling - Balinese Roast Pork
- Beef Larb (Spicy Beef Salad)
- Babi Rica - Indonesian Spicy Pork Curry
- Whole Steamed Chicken with Stock
- Leberkäse (Bavarian meat loaf)
- BBQ Chicken & Sweet Potato Meatloaf with Cheesy Centre
- Thai Chicken Burgers
- Traditional Chicken Cacciatore
- Ebony’s Butter Chicken
- Turkey and Ricotta Cannelloni with vegetable sauce