- 500 g boneless skinless chicken thigh, Roughly cut into 3cm pieces (see notes)
- 20 g oil
- 20 g garlic cloves
- 15 g ginger, stem, Cut into thick pieces
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds, (See notes)
- 1 brown onion, cut into quarters
- 3 tablespoons curry powder, (Keens) mixed with water to make a paste
- 1 coconut cream, (Ayam - 1 big tin or 2 small tins)
- 1 coconut milk, (Ayam - 1 big tin or 2 small tins)
- 400 g mixed vegetables, Thickly diced or chopped
- 3 Curry Leaves
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 Chicken Mixture, (in bowl set aside)
1h 30minPreparation 15minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place ginger and garlic in mixing bowl, MC lid in, Chop for 3 secs on speed 7.
- Add onion, cumin seeds and oil into mixing bowl, MC lid in, Chop for 5 secs on speed 4.
- Scrape down sides of mixing bowl. Then use splash guard lid and saute 5 mins, 120c on speed 1.
- Add the curry paste and mix with spatula.
Add the chicken with splash guard lid and saute 6 mins, varoma temp on "Counter-clockwise operation" and speed 1.
- Empty chicken mixture into a separate bowl then place in the blade cover.
- Add in coconut milk, chicken mixture, coconut cream, mixed vegetables, curry leaves and bay leaves.
- MC lid in, cook for 30 mins, 98c on "Counter-clockwise operation" "Gentle stir setting"
- Stir the sauce with the spatula and check to see if you need to add any more curry powder (to your liking).
Then MC lid back in, cook for another 30-60 mins, 98c on "Counter-clockwise operation" "Gentle stir setting"
Accessories you need
Can use boneless and skinless chicken thighs or breasts, whatever you prefer.
Can add an extra tablespoon of cumin seeds if you want more, my personal preference to have just the 2 tbs.
For the mixed vegetables use whatever vegetables you like - I like to use different vegetables depending on the season (carrot, snow peas, corn, cauliflower, broccoli, water chestnuts, potato etc).
If you like your curry with a bit more heat you could add fresh chilli in step 1 or cayenne pepper in step 6.
Serve with rice to soak up all the sauce, or if you prefer on it's own!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- GlazBro Silverside
- Chicken Parma balls
- Mexican Monday
- Carbonara Chicken FIlo Parcels
- Moroccan Lamb pizza topping
- Sausages in Onion Gravy
- Tori's honey mustard chicken and veg
- Cajun Risoni with Chorizo
- ThermoGourmand Sweet and Savoury Curried Sausages
- Korean Beef Taco
- Lamb, Red Wine and Rosemary
- Honey Mustard Chicken, Variation of two growing boys recipe
- Chocolate Keto Fat Bombs 💥
- No-Fuss Dumpling Noodle Soup
- Wild Orange Chocolate Mousse Slice
- Creamy veggie pasta
- CHOCOLATE FUDGE CAKE
- 5 eggs version swiss roll
- Spreadable Butter
- Quinoa, feta & veg salad
- Hearty and healthy Seafood Chowder
- Prawns with Green Chilli Nahm Jim on Betel Leaves
- Summer Risotto
- Banana Flaxmeal Muffins