- 120 gram onion
- 500 grams ORGANIC BEEF MINCE, (preferably not too lean)
- 1 free range egg
- 10 grams breadcrumbs
- 20 grams Tomato ketchup, (store bought tomato sauce is also fine)
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
You will need a chopping board and a knife.
Add the onion to the bowl and chop 5 seconds/speed 5.
- Add the following ingredients to the bowl, using the scales: 500g of beef mince, 10g breadcrumbs, 20g tomato ketchup, 1 egg, 2 dashes of worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper to your preferred taste. Mix together 10 seconds/speed 4.
- Check to make sure mixtue is fully combined. Divide mixture into eight. Shape into balls and then flatten into patties. If you prefer the patties thicker then divide the mixture into six and follow the same steps.
- Cook the patties on the BBQ or in a pan on medium to high heat for around 4 or 5 minutes each side. Less if the patties are thinner.
- Serve in a lightly toasted bun with your favourite toppings! My partner loves melted cheese and jalapenos, along with the EDC tomato ketchup and EDC mayonnaise. Yum!
Accessories you need
You can use this exact recipe for meat balls. Just divide the mixture into smaller portions and roll them into balls. Either bake them in an oven or pan fry them, to your liking.
For Spaghetti and Meatballs, you could add the passata to the pan and cook your spaghetti in your Thermomix. Serve with some fresh parsley and a little parmesan cheese on top.
I also use some of the mix to make tiny meatballs, ready for pizza topping. I freeze them in portions and take a serving out when preparing the pizzas.
These patties freeze so well. As it is just the two of us in the house, we always have left over patties. I freeze them in special Tupperware containers, however ziplock or freezer bags do the trick also. Remember to label the bag!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Crusty Chicken Casserole
- BASIC BEEF STEW
- Cranberry and camembert stuffed chicken
- SAUCE AND MEATBALLS FOR SHEREE
- Creamy Raw Pasta - AIP/Vegan Friendly
- Chicken Parmi Balls
- Hokkien Noodle and Turkey Stri-fry
- Corned Beef Fritters
- All in one spaghetti bolognese
- Portuguese Chicken
- Honey Mustard Chicken in 14 mins (non shredding!!)
- Variation Chicken Laksa