THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 500 g diced lamb
- 1 heaped teaspoon Fenugreek seeds
- 1 heaped teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 heaped teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 Packet frozen spinach leaves, (defrosted)
- 1 red chilli, (optional)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp Garam Masala (Everyday Cookbook)
- 1 brown onion, Quartered
- 3cm Peice ginger, Quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, Shelled
- 20 g Evoo
- 150 g Cashews
- 3 tomatoes, Quartered
- 300 g water
- 1 tablespoon EDC vege stock
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- 1 level tsp salt, (I leave this out)
- 1 lemon, Juiced
1. Add Cummin, Coriander and Fenugreek seeds to TM bowl and roast for2mins, 100 deg, speed 1, then mill for 2 mins, speed 8. Set aside in a bowl.
2. Add ginger, onion, chilli and garlic to TM bowl and chop for 5 sec on speed 6, then scrape down sides.
3. Add milled spices, garam masala, tumeric and oil to TM bowl and saute for4 mins, 100 deg, speed 1.
4. Take defrosted spinach from packet and wring out any moisture.
5. Add drained spinach, cashews, tomatoes, water, stock, salt, coriander and puree for 1 min, speed 8.
6. Add lamb and cook for 1 hr, 100 deg, "Counter-clockwise operation" , speed 1.
7. Add juice from the lemon and stir through.
Making the dish:
- I've used a mix of almonds and macadamias when I couldn't get cashews
- Serve with Cauli "rice" or mixed steamed veg
- this is a clone of the fabulous Lamb Saag recipe found here: //www.recipecommunity.com.au/node/43480
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cooked Millet (awesome alternative to cous cous)
- Ultimate Breakfast Smoothie (vegan, raw, dairy-free, nut-free, soy-free)
- Avo-nnaise aka vegan mayonnaise (egg-free soy-free, dairy-free, nut-free, paleo, WFPB)
- Paraati Chana - Indian chickpeas with split peas (vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, egg-free)
- Nigerian Falafels - Akara (vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free)
- Apple, Pear and Cinnamon muffins (vegan, egg-free, dairy-free)
- Apple porridge (vegan, paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free)
- Chia Breakfast Pudding (vegan, paleo, dairy-free, gluten-free, egg-free)
- Soaked Spelt Crackers
- Mini Quiche - lunchbox, snacks, breaky-on-the-go!
- Rich and Hearty Bolognese w zoodles (paleo, grain-free, gluten-free, egg-free)
- Breakfast Pikelets - 2 Ingredients (Paleo, vegetarian, dairy-free, gluten-free)