- 8 sausages
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 zucchini, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 leek, roughly chopped
- 6 slices shortcut bacon, diced
- 10 grams olive oil
- 400 grams Tinned tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock concentrate
- 50 grams dried red lentils
- 4 portions mash potato to serve
Place sausages in the large varoma bowl. Set aside for now.
Place carrot and zucchini in the bowl. Blitz on speed 8 for 5 secs. Place into a bowl and set aside. You could use any vegetables you like at this stage.
Place onions, leek and garlic into bowl. Blitz on speed 9 for 5 secs. Scrape down. Repeat.
Add bacon and oil. Place varoma tray on top
Cook at 100 degrees, 5 minutes, reverse, speed 2.
Once done take the varoma off, add carrot and zucchini mix, water, lentils, tomatoes, pepper and stock to tmx bowl and put the varoma back in place.
Cook at varoma temperature, 15 minutes, reverse, speed 2.
Once done remove the varoma tray. Remove skins from sausages and slice.
Attach the butterfly to the bowl.
Add the sausages. Cook at 100 degrees, 5 minutes, reverse, speed 1.
I put the sausage mixture in the Thermoserver, wash the bowl out and make EDC mash to serve it on. You could serve this over rice, pasta, cous cous etc instead. You can also steam additional vegetables along with the sausages to serve on the side of needed.
This makes 4-6 serves depending on serving sizes. Most that have tried this say it feeds a family of four plus two serves for lunch teh next day.
You could steam your poattaoes in the varoma at the same time to make your mash.
I've make this in advance for dinner as it reheats well. You can place the leftovers in the freezer for a quick reheatable dinner for another night. It thaws and reheats well.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken, Mushroom & Sweet Potato Bake
- Massaman Curry Paste
- Peanut crusted chicken
- Leftover Chicken Burgers - Using Leftover Cooked Chicken
- Chicken Fricassee (great with Smoked Chicken)
- Variation Chicken Broccoli Bake
- Mustard and chive chicken
- Clean Thai Beef Salad with Brown Rice
- Sous Vide Rib
- Padang Style Chicken Curry Recipe
- Curried Sausages
- Slow cooked Curried Sausages - with hidden veggies