- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds or ground
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds or ground
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 small Red Onions
- 1 large green chilli, unseeded
- 0.5 litre beef stock
- 600 gram Beef Steak, cubed
- 1 handful fresh coriander leaves
- salt to taste
1. Place cumin and coriander seeds into TM bowl and dry roast until fragment (Temperature: Varoma – Speed: 1). If using ground spices, skip this step and proceed to step 3
2. Once fragment, mill spices together (10-20 seconds on speed 9[/b])
3. Empty ground spices from the TMB into a separate bowl, Add paprika, and coat beef steak. Note: Do not rinse the bowl, leave residual spices in the bowl for the next step.
4. Place garlic, onions and chilies into TM bowl and chop for 3 seconds[/b] on speed7[/b]. Scrape down and sauté for 3 minutes[/b] at Varoma [/b]Temperature[/b] on speed 2[/b].
5. Add beef stock to TMB. Place coated beef into basket and insert into TM bowl.
6. Cook for 20-25 minutes[/b] at 100ºC[/b] on speed 2.
7. Remove basket and set aside. Drain stock through strainer and return solids to TM bowl.
8. Place cooked beef into bowl and add fresh coriander and salt.
9. Add 80-100g of the reserved stock and tomato paste
10. Shred beef for 8 seconds[/b] on + speed 6[/b].
11. Serve in jumbo tortillas with Salad of choice including, mixed greens, chopped avocado, slice spring onions /shallots, tomatoes, cucumber etc.
NOTE: The above recipe is based on the popular chipotle shredded beef recipe avaliable for the thermomix; however it has been modified to enhance the flavor of the dish and suit my taste. Hope you enjoy
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken, pumpkin, basil pesto risotto
- Cheesy green capsicum chicken
- Stirfry greeg beans with potato
- Sam's Simple Satay
- Variation Chicken Broccoli Bake
- Roast cauliflower dhal soup
- Three cup duck tongue
- Quinoa, Chickpea & Spinach Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Hearty Beef Stew With Dumplings
- Nonna’s Spaghetti Sauce
- Chorizo and Tomato Risotto
- Mum's simple bolognese sauce