- 1.5 litre water
- 2 piece Chicken thigh fillets
- 30 g soy sauce
- 30 g dry sherry
- 1 star anise
- 1 clove
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 Peppercorns
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 --- orange peel
- 4 sprigs coriander
- 1 shallot
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Chilly flakes
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cm fresh ginger
- 15 g brown sugar
- 150 g soy sauce
- 3 cm Fresh ginger - finely diced
- lettuce leaves to serve
- bean sprouts, fresh
- Carrot - finely sliced
- Cucumber - finely sliced
- coriander leaves
1h 30minPreparation 1h 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
91st main course 2nd main course Appetizer Main course Side dish Starter BBQ Birthday Children birthday Everyday Kids in the kitchen Party Picnic Chinese Thai Vietnamese Carnival Chinese New Year Spring Summer Cooking Freezing Easy Low budget Natural Asian Brunch Dinner Snack Supper Children food Egg free Non-dairy Dressing Meat dish Rice dish
1. Place all ingredients in TM bowl and Chicken thighs in TM basket
2. Cook for 30 minutes/ Varoma temp/ Speed 2 replacing the MC with another TM basket
3. Once cooked let chicken infuse in stock for aprox 30 minutes
4. *Empty the bowl of the stock and shred chicken / 5 Seconds/ Speed 4
*Strain the stock through a sieve and simmer the liquid for aprox 30 minutes then freeze - reuse it for next time; it gets better with each use!
(You might have to add some more water to make up n the 1.5 worth of liquid)
1. Simmer soy sauce and ginger on low heat for aprox 10 minutes to infuse - let cool
Place bean sprouts, shredded chicken, carrots, cucumbers and coriander on lettuce leaves, pour over ginger infused soy sauce and enjoy!
GINGER INFUSED SOY SAUCE
SAN CHOY BAU
You can enjoy the shredded chicken in salads, risottos, sandwiches or wraps or substitiute the lettuce leaves for rice paper and use the ginger infused soy sauce as dipping sauce!
I certainly hope you enjoy!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Snowy’s Pork Ribs
- Steak & Kidney pie (paleo, AIP)
- Lamb Ragu
- Sri Lankan-style Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Oatmeal recipe
- Honey-soy chicken wings
- Indonesian Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Raulas beef burgers
- Sassy Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chicken & Sweet Potato Nuggets (Paleo & BLW Friendly)
- Thai basil chilli chicken blade cover