- 60 ML olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 5 cm fresh ginger
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper
2h 10minPreparation 40minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place garlic cloves cut in half and ginger cut into large pieces into Thermomix bowl. Blitz for 3 secs/speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Pace butterfly whisk into Thermomix. Add the oil, lemon juice, cumin, turmeric, salt and pepper. Whisk on speed 2/5 secs.
- Make several 3cm deep slits into a lamb roast. Brush the marinade over both sides of the lamb. Cover and place in the fridge for 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Remove the lamb from the fridge and set aside for 25-30 mins or until it comes to room temperature.
- Roast the lamb, basting with pan juices occasionally, for 1 hour and 30 mins. The lamb should be cooked medium. Cook longer if desired.
- Cover the lamb loosely with foil to keep warm. Set aside for 15 mins to rest before serving.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken sausage & macaroni casserole
- Thai chicken cakes with satay sauce and pickled cucumber drizzle
- Satay Chicken
- Portuguese Pea stew - Ervilhas com ovos escalfados
- Variation Chicken, Bacon, Pumpkin & Spinach Risotto
- Quick Quiche Boats
- Chunky Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chicken and veggie potato bake
- Beef fajitas
- Pasta-less Lasagne
- Chicken and Yoghurt Curry (Dahi Murgh)
- Poached Chicken in Lemongrass Broth
- Golden Sultana Cake
- Artisan apple bread
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- 3 Ingredient Easy Lemon Tarts
- Lucuma Ice Cream
- Vegan Smokey split pea and ham soup adapted from Catching Seeds
- Lemon Marshmallow Slice
- Zucchini and corn fritters
- Variation Palacinke (Croatian Crepes)
- Kels Saucy Mexican Seasoning or Taco/Nacho Mix
- Vegan clone Kaffir Lime Curry