- 2 steaks good quality such as scotch fillet. 3 – 4 cm thick
- Marinade; for steak
- 2 Tbsp Hoi Sin sauce
- 1 tbsp Parisian Essence
- 1 tsp salt
- T tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp rice wine, or dry sherry
- 1 tbsp (2 cm ) fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small red chilli
- 2 tsp cornflour
- Marinade for Prawns
- 2 Tablespoons Sweet Chilli sause
- 2 tablespoons ETA Honey Soy BBQ sause
Place garlic, ginger & chilli into the bowl. Chop at speed 9 for 6 seconds.
Scrape down bowl. Add all other marinade ingredients to bowl mix at speed 7 for 8-10 seconds.
Place steaks in pan and pour marinade over. Marinate at least 1 hour. Turning if not covered by marinade.
Stir prawn marinade ingredients together in a small flat container and add raw prawns just before starting to cook steaks.
Drain and arrange steaks on tray of Varoma. Allow space for steam to rise between.
Put veggies of choice in the bottom of the varoma.
Place 500 ml water in bowl. Set time for 5 min. Temp varoma speed 1. Do not place Varoma until you have steam. Then set time to 7 minutes for rare steak temp to Varoma, speed 2.
When time is up add prawns and cook a further 5 minutes at temp Varoma, speed 2.
To have more well done meat increase the first cooking time. I reccomend adding 5 minutes and test meat until you get the status you like.
Accessories you need
If you put the meat and marinade in a zip lock bag you can place in the fridge and turn easily to ensure it is evenly covered.
Add the left over marinade plus onion and garlic to the bowl for steaming. Just add enough water to bring to the 500 ml mark. The results is a great sauce.
Save a spoonfull of marinade to dress the steak on the plate.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- British Take-Away Chicken Korma
- Beef Stroganoff
- Chicken & Chorizo Risotto
- Chicken, Chorizo and potato all in one
- Boccongini stuffed meatballs
- Pork and Fennel Ragu
- chicken bacon meatloaf with caper butter sauce
- Chicken noodle balls
- HCG or Keto Beef Chili
- Red Duck Curry with Lychees
- Beef and vegetable stew
- CORNED MEAT, VEGIES & WHITE SAUCE
- Delicious Chocolate Cake
- Variation Best Ever Carrot Cake
- Light Fruit Cake
- Redskin Fudge
- Sticky Date Pudding
- Creamy Cauliflower & Bacon Risotto
- Sweet and Sour Beans
- Palla di Mozzarella
- CWA pumpkin scones
- Irish Muffins (aka Rock Cakes)
- passionfruit meringue cake (womans weekly)
- Honey, Date, Goji Berry, Oat & Almond Energy Bars