- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 chilli, (to taste)
- 1 onion, peeled & halved
- 30 g ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon cumin, ground
- 2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1 tsp cracked pepper
- 1 tsp tumeric powder
- 500 g diced chicken thighs
- 30 g olive oil
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 100 g chick peas, tinned
- 100 g white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice and lemon zest
- 1 tbsp cummin seeds
- 2 tbsp vegetable stock, (made in TM)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 50 gram currants
- Couscous to serve
- coriander fresh, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon sumac
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
1. Add onion, garlic, chilli, lemon zest and ginger to the TM bowl. Speed 6 for 3-4 secs. Scrape down sides.
2. Add salt, ground cumin, cinnamon, pepper and tumeric. Speed 6 for 2 seconds. Scrape down sides if required.
3. Add chicken and oil. Set to 100 defrees for 10 minutes,
4. Add chickpeas, lemon juice, tomatoes, cumin seeds, honey, wine, stock, currants, saffron. You can also add the pomegranate molasses and sumac here if you are using them.
5. Cook 100 degrees, for 6 minutes. (MC tilted or off)
6. Serve with couscous garnished with fresh coriander.
Don't be intimidated by the list of ingredients, it's really quick and easy to prepare. This was one of my favourite Karen Martini dishes hence was one of the first dishes I converted after getting my Thermomix! (6 years ago)
Couscous can be steamed in the Varoma. Put the cooked chicken in the Thermoserver to keep warm. Rinse 200g of couscous under tap. Line varoma tray with wet baking paper and lay out couscous on paper. Add 1 ltre of water to the TM bowl, place Varoma unit on top and set to Varoma temperature for 15 minutes.
If using chicken breast you are better off coating it lightly in the spice mix but then steaming it in the Varoma for 10 mins and then finish off in the sauce in the TM bowl for the last few mins as chicken breast tends to shred in the bowl. I have tried steaming the chicken breast in the Varoma dish and the couscous in the Varoma tray while the sauce was cooking so it is all cooked at once. I'll update this recipe with those instructions once I have the cooking times a bit more accurate.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken in Peanut Sauce
- Pork and Fennel Quinoa Meatballs
- Chicken and Bacon Creamy Sauce - Dairy Free
- Beef and Vegetable Rissoles
- Chicken Enchilada Quinoa
- Shish Kebab Marinade
- Mum's Curried Chicken
- Shanghainese Sweet Sour Pork Ribs 上海糖醋排骨
- SUI MAI DUMPLING 烧卖
- Steamed chicken breast, fresh ground polenta, pumpkin foam
- Jen's Cottage Pie
- Finger-Lickin' Good Chicken Rissoles
- Squid Ink Bread
- Multigrain Bread
- Hidden Veg Spaghetti Bolognese
- Lemon Bundino ( Italian lemon pudding)
- Moroccan Vegiful Quinoa Salad
- Autumn Spiced Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
- Super juice
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel White Choc & Macadamia Slice
- Yogurt scones
- Hi-Fibre Bread Loaf or Rolls
- Double choc apricot muffins
- ThermoMonts Quinoa Crackers