- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 20g oil
- 500g Beef mince
- 1 tablespoon meat stock concentrate, (or use any stock you prefer)
- 20g Worcestershire sauce
- 20g tomato sauce
- 20g barbeque sauce
- 60g water
- 2 teaspoons herbs of choice, (I use one teaspoon each of dried oregnao and thyme)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 80g frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon Gravy powder
- approximately 1kg of mashed potatoes
- Grated cheese to top
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place onion, garlic and carrots into TM bowl and chop 3 seconds, speed 7. Scrape down bowl.
Add oil to bowl and saute for 4 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 1, MC OFF.
Add mince to bowl, trying not to break it up too much as you put it in to keep the texture, and cook for 5 minutes, 100 degrees, reverse, spoon speed (slowest speed), MC OFF.
Add stock, Worcestershire, tomato and bbq sauces, water, herbs, salt and pepper to bowl and cook for 10 minutes, 100 degrees, reverse, spoon speed (slowest speed), MC ON.
Add peas and gravy powder and cook for 5 minutes, 100 degrees, reverse, spoon speed (slowest speed), MC ON.
Transfer the cooked mince into a baking dish and allow to cool completely before topping with mashed potatoes and a sprinkle of grated cheese.
Bake in the oven for approximately 30 minutes, or until cheese is golden on top.
Accessories you need
I used a double quantity of my No Fail Mashed Potato recipe to top the pie. The recipe with full instructions and tips can be found here //www.recipecommunity.com.au/side-dishes-recipes/no-fail-mashed-potato/211919
** Please leave a comment and rating if you try my recipe - I appreciate all feedback **
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cheats kousa
- Chicken and Leek Risotto
- Mum's chicken stuffing
- Meatballs with Sauce & Veggie Noodles
- Slow Cooked Curried Mince
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- The best beef burger patties-Gluten free
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- CHICKEN AND PRAWN LAKSA
- Variation To "My Savoury Mince"
- Slow Cooker Chilli Con Carne (using whole beef)
- Lebanese Kafta
- LCHF SCOTCH EGGS (LOW CARB HEALTHY FAT)
- THAI HOT CHILLI SAUCE
- LOW CARB HEALTHY FAT CHEESEBURGERS (LCHF)
- (LCHF) BASIC LOW CARB BACON AND EGG QUICHE
- (LCHF) LOW CARB BACON CHEESEBURGER CASSEROLE
- LCHF CHOCOLATE WALNUT KETO FUDGE
- CLASSIC ITALIAN LASAGNE (OSSO BUCCO)
- CHICKEN AND CHEESE SAUSAGE ROLLS
- LAKSA NOODLE STIR FRY
- QUICK AND EASY BEEF NACHOS
- CREAMY GARLIC PARMESAN AVOCADO CAULIFLOWER MASH
- TASTY BEEF LASAGNE
- Bavarian Spice Rub - Best Chicken Rub Ever!
- Delicious scones made in the Airfryer
- Halawet El Rez
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Spaghetti Bolognese Hidden vegetables
- Cheats kousa
- Char Kuey Teow
- The Thermomixing Mum Playdough
- Manaya's chicken noodle soup
- Left Over Porridge Bread
- Simple Sardine Dip
- Tasty Seedy Crackers