- 70 grams cashew nuts
- 3 sprigs spring onions
- 3-4 pieces large fresh green chilli
- 3 cloves fresh garlic peeled
- 1 stalk lemon grass stem, cut into 10cm pieces
- 2-3 leaves Kaffir lime leaves
- 400 grams coconut milk
- 4 leaves fresh sweet basil, optional
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-2 portions red capsicum, sliced
- 750 grams chicken breast fillets, skinless, sliced half cm thick
- 30 grams olive oil
Place nuts in the TM bowl and mill for 5 sec / speed 9. Set aside
Chop spring onions, chili, garlic, lemon grass and kaffir lime leaves 10 sec / speed 7
Add oil and saute 2 min / varoma temp / speed soft
Add coconut milk. Cook 4 min / varoma temp / speed 1
Slowly blend 20 sec / speed 9 for a smoother sauce. (You must remember to turn the dial slowly). Once you get to speed 9 then count down 20 seconds, this will ensure a smooth sauce)
Add sliced chicken pieces, cook 8 min / varoma temp / reverse / speed soft
Add fish sauce, fresh basil, sugar and ground nuts (less nuts if you want a thinner sauce).
Add vegetables at this stage for a crisper texture. Stir around a little with your spatula so the vegetables are covered in sauce.
Cook 2 mins / varoma temp / reverse / speed soft
Garnish with Coriander or slices of chilli.
Accessories you need
You can add any type of vegetable you like. I like to add them in the last 2 minutes of cooking time as it keeps the vegetables crisp and they are not overcooked. I keep the seeds from the green chillis in the sauce as they are not as hot as what you would think. You can also change chicken to seafood. Happy cooking!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- The. Fast 800 Chicken Pieces with Parmesan Crumb converted by Thermo-lish
- Tracy’s Beef Rendang
- Lamb & Feta Rissoles
- Tasty Shepherds Pie
- The Fast 800 Smoked Salmon Omelette conversion by Thermo-lish
- Meatloaf with Honey Mustard Glaze
- Cheats kousa
- Chicken and Leek Risotto
- Mum's chicken stuffing
- Meatballs with Sauce & Veggie Noodles
- Slow Cooked Curried Mince
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- Pot set yoghurt
- Vegan espresso coconut cream caramel
- One-banana Banana Bread
- Janine's Rez B Haleeb (Rice Pudding)
- Caramilk Cheesecake
- Banana and white chocolate brownies
- Turkish simit
- Lemon Slice
- **Sugar free, egg free, dairy free** Apple , banana and carrot baby/toddler muffins
- Tracy’s Beef Rendang
- Oatmeal Soy Milk
- Chinese Cabbage and Pork Bun