- 70 grams cashew nuts
- 3 sprigs spring onions
- 3-4 pieces large fresh green chilli
- 3 cloves fresh garlic peeled
- 1 stalk lemon grass stem, cut into 10cm pieces
- 2-3 leaves Kaffir lime leaves
- 400 grams coconut milk
- 4 leaves fresh sweet basil, optional
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-2 portions red capsicum, sliced
- 750 grams chicken breast fillets, skinless, sliced half cm thick
- 30 grams olive oil
Place nuts in the TM bowl and mill for 5 sec / speed 9. Set aside
Chop spring onions, chili, garlic, lemon grass and kaffir lime leaves 10 sec / speed 7
Add oil and saute 2 min / varoma temp / speed soft"Gentle stir setting"
Add coconut milk. Cook 4 min / varoma temp / speed 1
Slowly blend 20 sec / speed 9 for a smoother sauce. (You must remember to turn the dial slowly). Once you get to speed 9 then count down 20 seconds, this will ensure a smooth sauce)
Add sliced chicken pieces, cook 8 min / varoma temp / reverse / speed soft"Gentle stir setting"
Add fish sauce, fresh basil, sugar and ground nuts (less nuts if you want a thinner sauce).
Add vegetables at this stage for a crisper texture. Stir around a little with your spatula so the vegetables are covered in sauce.
Cook 2 mins / varoma temp / reverse / speed soft"Gentle stir setting"
Garnish with Coriander or slices of chilli.
Accessories you need
You can add any type of vegetable you like. I like to add them in the last 2 minutes of cooking time as it keeps the vegetables crisp and they are not overcooked. I keep the seeds from the green chillis in the sauce as they are not as hot as what you would think. You can also change chicken to seafood. Happy cooking!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spiced Apricot Beef
- Kid Approved Curried Sausages
- Beef Ragu
- Curried sausages
- Fara's red kidney beans and beef chilli
- Peanut Satay Chicken
- Goat Bhuna Ghost
- Mince and Cheese Pie
- Butter chicken using Pepper and Me Tandoori Paste
- Low Fodmap Sticky Pork Spare Ribs
- Chilli Con Carne - TM31 TM5 TM6
- Honey Soy Chicken – TM31 TM5 TM6
- Easy Gluten Free Blueberry & Ricotta Cake
- Whole orange, date, walnut, chia and oat muffins
- Moreish Coffee Streusel Slice
- Vegan Lemon Curd
- DATE, APRICOT AND CRANBERRY LOAF
- Macadmia Nut tartlets
- Donut ice-cream
- Cheese and Vegemite Scrolls
- Chocolate Meringue Brownie Cake
- Melting Moments
- Chocky Rock Biscuits - Cornflake and choc chip biscuits
- Banana Bread Donuts