- 1 Onion halved, or a few spring onions
- 1 garlic clove
- ginger, approx 2cm
- 1 bunch corriander, including roots
- 1 tablespoon TM vegie stock concentrate
- 1 big green chilli, with or without seeds depending how spicy you like it
- 1 lime zest & juice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 heaped teaspoon ground corriander
- 1 heaped teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 fresh or frozen kaffir lime leaves
- 400 grams chicken thighs, sliced into 4
- 200 grams sweet potato or potato, 2cm cubed -use any or a combination of all of these vegetables
- 400 grams light organic coconut cream
- 200 grams frozen peas or snow peas
- 100 grams spinach leaves, fresh
Put onion, zest, garlic, ginger, fresh coriander, TM stock and chilli in the TM bowl chop for 15 sec speed 8, scrape down sides of bowl.
Add oil, fish sauce, ground corriander & cumin and cook for 3 min Varoma temp speed 1.
Add kaffir lime leaves & chciken, cook for 5 mins, 100 degrees "Counter-clockwise operation" speed "Gentle stir setting" , add potatoes or sweet potatoes & coconut cream to TM bowl. Cook 15 mins 100 degrees "Counter-clockwise operation" speed"Gentle stir setting" .
Add peas to TM bowl & cook for an extra 5 mins "Counter-clockwise operation" Varoma speed 1.
Add to the thermoserver & stir through the spinach & squeeze over lime juice to taste.
Serve with coconut rice or jasmine rice.
Thermie Green Chicken Curry
Accessories you need
You can add seafood in place of some of the chicken if you wish.
You may also like to make your own coconut milk instructions in the Indian cookbook or Quirky Cooking cookbook.
Here is the coconut rice recipe- as it's cooked on varoma temperature you could also steam some extra veg while you cook the rice.
It's in no way traditional but leek in place of the onions is really delicious too!!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken and vegetable pies
- Satay Chicken Noodles
- Chicken Parmies / Parmigiana
- Chicken Kiev
- Smoky Chipotle Venison Casserole
- EASY CHICKEN CURRY
- Savoury mince pie (adapted from Culinary Ginger)
- Risotto with Chicken and Baby Leaf Spinach
- GlazBro Silverside
- Chicken Parma balls
- Mexican Monday
- Carbonara Chicken FIlo Parcels
- Fresh Beetroot Salad
- Strawberry & Rosewater Sorbet for Cocktails/Mocktails
- Wonton Wrappers
- Garlic Sweet Potato Wedges
- Rhubarb Clafoutis
- Rhubarb & White Chocolate Cupcakes
- Gingerbread & Cream Cup Cakes
- Spicy Roasted Sweet Potato & Cauli "Rice"
- French Savory Cake
- Flu fighter Chicken Soup
- Beef & Veg 'Stirfry' with Cauliflower "Rice"
- Shredded chicken/chicken & veg soup & boiled eggs