- 100 grams Bread, frozen
- 1 --- egg
- 1-2 tablespoons Sage or Thyme (or 1-2 teasp dried)
- 1 Onion, medium (approx 80g), halved *or equivalent in leek
- 1 garlic clove
- OPTIONAL EXTRAS:
- 50 grams Nuts of choice (such as walnuts, macadamias,pistachio)
- 50 grams Cheese of choice (such as brie, camembert, cream cheese, bocconcini)
- 50 grams Dried fruit (such as apricot, cranberries, figs), or sundried tomatoes
- 30 grams oil
- 750 grams Chicken/Turkey breast, approx
- 6 slices Proscuitto/Bacon, approx
Recipe is created for
Snap frozen bread into quarters and place in TM bowl along with any herbs you would like to use.
Close TM Lid and set Speed Dial to closed lid position ().
Press Turbo a few times until you have desired breadcrumb consistency. Set aside breadcrumbs.
Add onion/leek and garlic to TM Bowl.
Chop on Speed 7 for around 3 secs.
Add oil and saute for 2 min, Varoma Temp, Speed 1.
Add in nuts of choice (if using), fruit/cheeses (if using), egg and breadcrumbs, and mix together for 5 seconds on Speed 5-6 (this will break up the nuts a little if using though some texture is still there).
Set aside to cool.
Place a sheet of foil on your bench and if using bacon/proscuitto, layer vertically and then add chicken breast on topso that the cut centre is horizonal for easy rolling. Using a spoon, add stuffing mix across the middle of the chicken/turkey, then using the proscuitto/bacon, roll up tightly, and leave it face-down where the fold is. Refrigerate until you are ready to cook- a little time in the fridge and also wrapping and cooking in foil will help the meat to stay put after cooking, but neither the foil or fridge time are compulsory!
This meal is lovely cooked in the Varoma whilst a soup is cooking underneath. If soup not required, fill bowl to 1/2-1 Litre mark with tap water, and Varoma cook your foil-wrapped rolls for approx 25-30 min (depending on how thick or tender your rolled meat is). You may like to pack your varoma with your vegies of choice and can remove from Varoma to finish off in a hot oven or under the grill for a few minutes if you wish to have crispy proscuitto/bacon.
Preparing chicken or turkey
Accessories you need
Instead of wrapping Chicken/Turkey with Proscuitto/Bacon, try wrapping in filo pastry and baking in the oven. Otherwise if you have breast fillets with skin on try a skin rub.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Red Thai Chicken, Coconut & Kaffir Lime Soup
- Minced beef Goulash
- Slow cooked lamb, sweet potato mash and steamed cabbage
- Mersey Valley Baked Chicken
- Maple Syrup Orange Silver Side
- Curried Sausages
- Rima’s Chefitup Maryam Mounajed’s Lamb Shank Mansef
- Green Chicken & Veg Curry
- Teriyaki Chicken and Noodles
- Pumpkin Butter Chicken
- Crab Linguine for Two
- Speedy Chicken Curry
- No bake choco mint cheesecake
- Pineapple Daiquiri
- Cheats Capsicum, Feta and Walnut Pasta Salad
- BBQ Favourite: Curried Rice Salad
- Banana Colada
- Mango, Banana & Passionfruit Icecream
- Moist Italian Apple Flan
- Beer Bread
- Custard Creams
- Versatile Tuna, Salmon or Chicken Patties
- Moroccan pumpkin soup
- Sicilian Orange Cake
- The best Brownie Recipe
- Amazing Vegetable Soup
- Wholefood Cacao / Hot Chocolate
- Toasted Granola
- Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Carob choc chip Banana Muffins
- Mini Apple & Zucchini Muffins (gluten free, sulphur free, dairy free)
- Lemon Raw Balls (gluten free, sulphur free)
- Cinnamon Star Bread
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew