- 1 onion, Halved
- 1 clove garlic
- 20 g olive oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 70 g plain flour
- 200 g water
- 800 g chicken thigh or breast, Cubed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable stock concentrate
- 35 g wholegrain mustard
- 35 g Dijon mustard
- 80 g honey
- 1 to taste dried thyme, couple of shakes
- 1 to taste dried oregano, couple of shakes
- 1 to taste dried rosemary, couple of shakes
- 200 g cream
- 350 g basmati rice
- 1000-1200 g water
- mixed vegetables
1h 6minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Add onion and garlic to bowl. Chop 3 sec / speed 7.
Scrape sides. Add oil and sauté 100 deg / 1 min / speed 1.
Add turmeric, flour and water and cook 70 deg / 1 min / speed 1.
Insert butterfly whisk
Add chicken, stock, mustard, honey and spices and cook 100 deg / 5 min / reverse / speed 1.
Add cream and cook 100 deg / 22 min / reverse / speed 1.
Check to make sure the chicken is cooked. Transfer to Thermoserver.
I cook rice on the stove to save time, but if you prefer rice from the thermo don't rinse the bowl. The flavour adds to the rice.
RICE & VEGETABLES
Weigh rice in simmering basket. Rinse well.
Add water to bowl. Use 1000g for TM31 and 1200g for TM5.
Add vegetables to Varoma Bowl and put on top of bowl.
Steam Varoma / 23 min / speed 2.
Check the vegetables are steamed to your liking.
Serve and enjoy.
Honey Mustard Chicken
Accessories you need
I have cooked this in my TM31 and it comes to the max line.
I now have a TM5 and it fits perfectly. You could add more chicken if you need.
This feeds my family of 5 with 3 kids, aged 14, 9 and 3 with leftovers for my partners lunch.
We use beans, carrots and broccoli as our vegetables but you could use whatever vegetable you have.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- LYNN'S STEAK, KIDNEY AND MUSHROOM CASSEROLE
- Variation Chilli Con Carne
- Variation Chilli Con Carne
- Chicken Tikka Pathia (adapted from British Indian Restaurant/Take Away recipes)
- Favourite German mashpotato spinach cheese bake
- Chicken and Vegetable Pie
- Potato Gnocchi with creamy chicken and mushroom
- Dogs dinner - meat stew (quick and easy)
- Go to spaghetti Bolognese
- Steak &Kidney doughboys
- Crumbed Chicken Tenderloins
- Curry Chicken
- Soft Cheese
- Chicken and Zucchini Cakes
- Sweet Yeast Bread Rings
- Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder
- Quick and Easy Mac and Cheese
- Pumpkin Carrot and Ginger soup
- Crispy Waffle Batter
- Keto fluffy sweet waffles
- Chicken & Mushroom Vol Au Vent
- Apricot Chicken with french onion soup powder mix
- LYNN'S SPREADABLE BUTTER
- Keto Microwave Tortilla