- 1000 g pork belly meat, boned, without rind, smoked
- 1 piece fresh ginger, ~thumb sized, peeled
- 3 cloves garlic, Halved
- 1 l chicken stock
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 piece fresh ginger, Thumb sized
- 2 pieces lemongrass, 2cm each
- 40 g brown sugar
- 40 g honey
- 1 red chili
- 3 tbsp soy sauce, dark
- 1 level tsp Chinese five spice powder
1h 55minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Add ginger sp 9, 5 sec, scrape and repeat.
2. Add halved garlic cloves, chicken stock, rice wine vinegar and sugar.
3. Place pork belly in varoma and put in place.
4. Varoma temp, sp 2, 99 minutes. Check after 45 min and top up stock with water if needed.
5. After 99 min, pork should be well cooked and tender. Leave to cool. When cool chop into cubes.
6. Clean and dry bowl.
1. Add ginger, lemongrass and chili, sp 9, 10 sec. Scrape and repeat.
2. Add rest of sauce ingredients and mix sp 4, 20 sec or till well combined.
1. Brown pork cubes quickly in a hot pan.
2. Add the sauce to pan and simmer till sauce has coated pork and reduced a little.
- Follow automated rice and place asian veges in varoma in last 10 min of rice cooking
Rice and vege
Cook pork on the pan when rice is nearly finished.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Jan's Butter Chicken
- Turkey mince burger patties
- Beef burger patties
- Quick Honey Chicken
- Beef Burger Patties
- Paleo/keto Cajun chicken snitty & slaw
- Kefta and Potato Casserole with Lebanese Rice
- Xanthe’s Butter Chicken
- Creamy chicken, bacon, mushroom & veggie pie filling
- Lamb Rogan Josh
- Bao Buns
- Thai Chicken and Pork Balls