- 1 carrot
- 50 grams frozen corn kernels
- 100 grams frozen peas
- 1/4 brown onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 100 grams Bacon Bits
- 15 grams sesame oil
- 500 grams chicken breast
- 650 grams water
- 180 grams rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- sesame seeds to finish
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add carrot and blitz 4 sec / sp 5 and transfer to Varoma Bowl (VB).
2. Put VB on bowl and weigh peas and corn directly into VB - put aside.
3. Add onion and garlic and blitz 3 sec / sp 6.
4. Add sesame oil and bacon and saute 5 min / 100 / sp 1 and add to VB.
5. Cut chicken into chunks and place on Varoma Tray lined with wet baking paper and place on top of VB (or tip below).
6. Add water to bowl. Put rice in basket and place in bowl.
7. Place on lid and Varoma and cook 15 min / Varoma / sp 4.
8. Check rice, veg and chicken to see if they are cooked and if not give another 5 min / Varoma / sp 4.
9. You can fry an egg on the stovetop at this point and cut it up ready to add.
10. When all cooked, in a large pan add vegetable oil and honey and gently simmer until honey bubbles and add chicken. Toss to coat and then remove from pan and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
11. Remove VB and rice and mix together (with egg if using) with soy and oyster sauce.
If you don't like steamed chicken, use a non-stick pan, cook the egg (if doing) and set aside, and cook chicken in pan while rice is cooking. Remove chicken and go to step 10.
YES, this is an adaptation of the Honey Chicken and Non-Fried Rice recipes from the RC. I have combined them into an all-in-one meal that removes the need for battering and deep frying. Thank you to the creators of the Honey Chicken recipe and the Non-Fried Rice recipe. They are great recipes in their own right. I wasn't keen on deep frying and the rice made too much for my needs, so I combined my take on the two recipes into the one so I could print it out and have it all together in one spot for each time I cook it.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.