- 4 Large Lamb Shanks, Or 6 smaller shanks
- 4 sprig rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 stalk Celery, Cut into chunks
- 4 carrots, Cut into chunks
- 1 onion, Halved
- 4 clove garlic
- 30 gram olive oil
- 1 tablespoon TM Vegetable stock paste
- 1000 gram water
- 8 tomatoes, Quartered
- 100 gram red wine
- 1 tablespoon brown or rapadura sugar
- Ground pepper, to taste
- 50 g cornflour
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Arrange shanks into Varoma dish, you will not need the tray.
Place Rosemary over the top of shanks, season with salt and pepper and put Varoma lid on and set aside.
Place celery, carrot, onion and garlic into bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 7.
Scrape sides down, add oil and saute 5 minutes/Varoma/speed 2
Add stock paste, water, tomatoes, red wine, sugar and pepper to bowl. Place lid on, then Varoma into position. Cook 90 minutes/Varoma/speed 2
Turn lamb shanks over to ensure even cooking. For 6 small shanks, cook for 30 mins/Varoma/Speed 2 OR for 4 larger shanks 60 minutes/Varoma/speed 2
Once desired cooking time is up, remove Varoma and place over a Thermoserver to keep warm or place onto plates to begin cooling down a little. Place cornflour in bowl and cook a further 5 minutes/90 degrees/speed 4.
Serve shanks with mashed potatoes (you can do this prior to shanks then keep hot in a Thermoserver whilst cooking shanks), steamed veges (you may be able to fit these in whilst cooking shanks) and drizzle with sauce.
Accessories you need
You can drizzle some sauce over the shanks throughout the cooking process if you like.
The left over sauce could easily be eaten as a soup, either as is or with some left over meat shredded into it. To shread ANY steamed meat, chop into chunks and shred 3-5 seconds/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed 4
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spiced Apricot Beef
- Kid Approved Curried Sausages
- Beef Ragu
- Curried sausages
- Fara's red kidney beans and beef chilli
- Peanut Satay Chicken
- Goat Bhuna Ghost
- Mince and Cheese Pie
- Butter chicken using Pepper and Me Tandoori Paste
- Low Fodmap Sticky Pork Spare Ribs Gluten Free Dairy Free
- Chilli Con Carne - TM31 TM5 TM6
- Honey Soy Chicken – TM31 TM5 TM6
- Eunji’s Chai Mix
- Variation Double Batch of Yoghurt TM5 Auto Setting
- GF, NF, DF, Egg Free Clone of Caribbean Carrot Cake with Healthy Cream Cheese Icing!
- Merrymaker Sisters Raw Mars Bar Slice
- Cauliflower and Bacon Soup
- Creamy Passionfruit Cupcakes
- Wicked Chocolate Cake
- Five Seed Family Loaf - Huge!
- Double Batch of Yoghurt