- 500-1000 g Yellow Noodles
- 300 g Tofu Puff
- 300 g Fish balls
- 1/2 portion bean sprouts, soaked, ends trimmed, drained and scalded in hot water for 2 minutes
- Handful sprigs mint leaves, polygonum leaves, washed for garnish
- 2 sticks Lemongrass ends (near roots), thickly sliced
- 350 g eschalots, peeled
- 20 g garlic, peeled
- 100 g cooking oil
- 100 g Curry Powder for meat, Baba's Curry Powder
- 2 tsp salt, or 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sugar, or to taste
- 2 sprigs Curry Leaves
- 1 sprigs polygonum leaves and stalk
- 2 sticks lemongrass stalks, cut 8 -10cm
- 1 tablespoons dried shrimp, soaked 15min boiling water, drained
- 1 tsp belachan
- 4 pieces egg, washed shell, leave intact for steaming
- 400 g water, for stock
- 800 g water, for stock - in pot on stove
- 1000 g Chicken fillets, thigh or breast
- 300 g squid, scored and cut 5cm squares
- 500 g Prawns, shelled, deveined
- 560 g coconut cream, Maeploy or Ayam Brand
- 3 litres Soup Pot, for stove to boil laksa soup
3h 0minPreparation 3h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Recipe is created for
Put together lemongrass root ends, eschallots, garlic and cooking oil and blend 30 sec, speed 7
Scrape down to bowl and add curry powder, drained dried shrimps, belachan, salt/fishsauce, sugar, curry leaves, polygonum leaves and leftover lemongrass stalks cut 8-10cm lengths and cook 20min 100c stir
Take out 2 teaspoons of soup base and add lime juice and sugar/salt to taste. Set it aside as sambal for garnish.
During the 20min Soup Base cooking, cut chicken pieces and whole eggs and place in bottom of varoma bowl. Then place varoma tray and place squid pieces and prawns. When soup base is done, (and sambal is made), add 400g water in the bowl and cook 15min 120 deg (Rev Stir). Seafood should take 8-15min to cook and is firm and opaque in colour. Chicken should take around 15-25minutes, will be opaque and runs clear juice when pierced. Ensure the meat is evenly spaced so that the seafood is evenly cooked.
When meat is cooked, set aside in thermoserver to keep warm. Ensure the juices on varoma goes back into the stock for extra flavour.
Add 560ml coconut cream (Maeploy or Ayam Brand is brand of choice) and 800g water. Add tofu puffs, fishball into the soup. Cook over stove at a medium low heat for 30min. Add salt/ fish sauce and sugar if required.
- After soup stock contents are emptied in a large pot on the stove, weigh 1500g water and cook 8min 100c speed 2. Place noodles in the bowl and use chopsticks to separate the noodles. Cook noodles 4min 90degrees (rev stir). Drain water and place in individual bowls.
Place blanched noodles , sprouts, peeled and halved egg, pieces of chicken, squid and prawns, then scoop a ladle full of stock, puffs and fish balls into the bowlful of noodle. Garnish on top with mint and polygonum leaves, lime wedges and chili sambal.
Prepare Soup Base & Sambal
Soup Stock and Steamed Meat/Seafood
Assembly of Curry Laksa
Accessories you need
Change your Vege to any blanched vegetable of choice.
Replace your Chicken with chicken stock paste (1.5 tablespoons) or chicken stock powder (1 tablespoons) or to taste.
Rice Vermicelli (Mee Hoon) complements this dish as well. To use Mee Hoon, soak noodles in hot water for 5minutes and drain well.
This laksa pairs well with side dishes like roast pork, Yong Tau Foo and Sambal Belachan French Beans or Kang Kong
Make a vegetarian version with Vege Stock Paste, Firm Tofu pieces and vegetables like okra and eggplant.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Deep Pan Pizza Dough
- Sweet and sour pork with steamed rice
- Corn and Vegetable Fritters
- Genovese pasta
- Singapore Hokkien Mee
- Berry, banana breakfast smoothie
- Hazelnut, pear and apple yoghurt
- Hainanese Chicken Rice
- Mumbai Escort Recipe
- Variation Mealie Meal / Pap
- Chaffles diet doctor
- Aly's Leftovers Stack (Inspired by the Mexican Stack)
- Passionfruit Melting Moments
- All Colours Vegetable Salad
- Nut Free Muesli Bar
- Drunken Dessert Dip
- Fried Rice - 28 Program - Sam Wood
- Banana Bread Cafe Style - imperial
- Fig and almond bliss balls
- Christmas Almond Bread
- Fluffy Pancakes
- Sauerkraut, apple and bacon quiche
- Sesame Oil Whole Chicken - roast using Thermomix!
- Chicken and vegetable savoury muffin