- 1 onion, Peeled and halved
- 2 cloves garlic, Peeled
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, (or other oil of choice)
- 400 grams tomatoes, Halved
- 1 Capsicum, Diced / chopped
- 1/2 zucchini, Diced / chopped
- 1 red chilli, Deseeded if desired
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Large handful of coriander leaves
- 400 gram red kidney beans, Canned
- 3 slices Mountain bread
- 1 avocado
- 4 leaves Iceberg Lettuce
- 1 Tomato (extra)
- sour cream, (if desired)
- cheese, (if desired)
1. Place cheese in Thermomix bowl and chop 10 seconds / speed 9. Set aside. You may wish to wash your bowl at this step.
2. If using chilli, place into bowl and chop 5 seconds / speed 7. Set aside.
3. Place onion and garlic into TM bowl. Chop 3 seconds / speed 5.5.
4. Add coconut oil (or other oil of choice) and cook 4 mins / varoma / speed 1 / , no MC.
5. Add tomatoes. Chop on speed 5 for 2 seconds. Cook 10 mins / 100 / speed 1.5, steaming basket on lid.
6. While the tomatoes are cooking. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Chop mountain bread into small triangles. Place on oven tray and cook until crisp (approx 5 mins).
7. Add capsicum, zucchini, chilli and spices to the TM bowl. Cook 5 mins / 100 / speed 1 / , steaming basket on lid.
8. Chop tomato, lettuce and avocado as desired.
9. Add coriander leaves and kidney beans. Cook 2 mins / 100 / speed 1 / , steaming basket on lid.
10. Arrange beans in the centre of the plate, with chips around the outside and the salad on top. Top with sour cream and cheese if desired.
If you place the bean mix on top of the 'chips', like you normally would, they go soggy.
If you would prefer to hide the veggies or save time cutting. Place zucchini and capsicum into bowl between step 2 and 3, chop by pressing turbo for 1 sec until at the desired size and set aside to drain excess juices.
Feel free to change the vegetables. I think corn would go nicely.
There will be some tomato skins in the mixture; if you don't want these, blend well (speed 9 / 20 sec) after step 5.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry
- Sweet corn fritters
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Stirfry greeg beans with potato
- Quinoa, Chickpea & Spinach Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Mild Capsicum Soup
- Zucchini and Lettuce Soup
- Vegan Moussaka
- Quick & Versatile Vegetable Fritters with Yoghurt Dressing
- Sweet Potato Congee
- Stir Fry Veggies
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Bacon Fried Cabbage
- Spring onion Butter Cookie
- Cauliflower & Chicken Salad
- Chicken In Satay Sauce
- Cucumber Yoghurt (kheyar b laban)
- Raw Kebbe
- Beef and Guinness Stew
- Creamy Celeriac and Parsnip Soup
- 'Dorito-esk' Seasoning Shake
- Wazza's Creamy Pasta with Hot Smoked Salmon
- Vegetarian Minestone
- Hot Chilli Jam