- 1 large eggplant
- 20 gram olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and halved
- 3 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 tomatoes, halved
- 1.5 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2-1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 130 gram frozen peas
- salt and pepper to taste
1h 11minPreparation 1h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Prick the eggplant with a fork and bake it in a 180° C oven until soft, about one hour.
Remove the eggplant from oven, allow it to cool, and chop it up into large chunks – it should be very mushy. Set it aside in your Thermoserver.
Put the onion and garlic into the TM and chop on speed 7 for 3 seconds. Use spatula to push to the bottom and add oil and cook for 3 minutes at 100 degrees on speed 1.
Add tomatoes and chop on speed 4 for 4 seconds. Use spatula to push to the bottom of the bowl and then add all of the spices except for the salt. Cook for 5 minutes at 100 degrees speed 1 with the simmering basket sitting on top of the lid instead of the MC to prevent splashes.
Add eggplant and peas and cook for 2 minutes at 100 degrees on REVERSE speed 1 until combined and heated through. (May take longer if the eggplant was not kept warm in the Thermoserver.)
OPTIONAL: raise the speed to speed 3-4 to mash the whole mess together if you’d rather have a smoother mix. If you prefer it chunky, omit this step.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with rice.
Accessories you need
This works well as a vegetarian main curry, or as a side dish for an Indian feast.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- LCHF Broccoli cheese soup
- LCHF bacon chicken cheese rolls
- LCHF Chilli Relleno Chicken Soup
- Al Koozy
- Chunky chicken and fennel pie with parmesan crumb
- Basil parsley cashew pine nut pesto
- Basil chocolate Cake with Chocolate Sour Cream Frosting
- Irish cream
- Potato and Bacon Soup
- Beetroot and dark chocolate brownies
- Raspberry and chia cake
- Mixed Herb Pesto (use up your herbs!)
- Best Ever BBQ Sauce - Weebindi Version
- Variation Ginger and Soy Glazed Salmon with Bok Choy and Coconut Rice
- Thermo Papa's veg loaded pizza sauce
- Zucchini balls
- Spicy Peanut Satay Sauce (Thick)
- Chickpea Dosa
- Spicy Apricot BBQ Sauce
- Chicken and Corn Risotto
- Black Bean Paste (sauce)
- Mango chutney by Sueanne
- Simple, creamy Hommus