- 3 tablespoon Flaxseed Meal
- 1 can Blackbeans, (400gm can), drained and rinsed
- 85 grams carrot, Grated
- 1 bunch parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 Cup of finely chopped onions
- 55 grams sunflower seeds
- 85 grams rolled oats
- 35 grams bread crumbs
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 level tablespoons Tamari/soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt, Ground
1h 0minPreparation 30minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
2. In the small bowl combine the flaxseed with 1/3 cup warm water and set aside for 5 to 10 minutes until thickened.
3. If you don't have breadcrumbs already prepared now is the time to mix these in the thermomix bowl and place to the side. Now is also the time to mix the oats into oat flour - place the oats in the thermomix bowl and mix for 10 secs on speed 8 to create a flour.
4. Place 85gms of grated to the thermomix bowl, mix for 5 seconds on speed 7, remove into a separate bowl. Place garlic and parsley in the thermomix bowl, mix for 5 secs on speed 5.5, scrape down the sides of the bowl.
5. Add the black beans to the thermomix bowl with the garlic and parsley and mix for a further 5 secs on speed 4. Depending on how 'chunky' you want your beans in the mix you can mix for another couple of seconds but I found this to be perfect.
6. Add the other ingredients including the earlier prepared carrot, flour and breadcrumbs. Adjust the seasonings to taste if desired. Mix for 15 seconds on speed 1.5, scraped down sides of the bowl and ensure to loosen the ingredients in the bottom of the thermomix bowl, mix for a further 15 seconds speed 1.5.
7. With slightly wet hands shape the dough into patties. The original recipe called for 8 patties but we made smaller sized patties and more of them. Pack the dough tightly to help it hold together during the cooking process.
8. You can bake the patties in the preheated oven for 30 minutes (gently flipping half way through). Alternatively you can grill the burgers and finish off in the oven. Patties will be slightly golden when cooked.
9. Serve in bread rolls or lettuce leaves. We used homemade 5 seed bread for ours but we found it to be too heavy with these patties so definitely recommend something lighter for these beefy burgers.
Black Bean veggie patties
For more info on this recipe go to 'Oh She Glows' - this recipe is only modified for the Thermomix by me but is her recipe.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Ejjeh (Lebanese Omelette)
- Cheesy vegan Caulisotto
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry
- Sweet corn fritters
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Stirfry greeg beans with potato
- Quinoa, Chickpea & Spinach Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Mild Capsicum Soup
- Zucchini and Lettuce Soup
- Vegan Moussaka
- Quick & Versatile Vegetable Fritters with Yoghurt Dressing
- Sweet Potato Congee
- 2 in 1 chicken corn soup and baby food
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Basil pesto
- Creamy spiced yoghurt dressing
- Smokey Bacon Dip
- Meatballs with Sauce & Veggie Noodles
- Surf & Turf Seafood Sauce
- Slow Cooked Curried Mince
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- Honey Sriracha Marinade
- The best beef burger patties-Gluten free
- Creamy Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce