- 6 bunches Bokchoy, Chopped roughly into 3cm pieces
- 1 cans coconut cream or milk, 400 ml
- 2 level tbsp tamarind paste
- 3 level tbsp Ghee/clarified butter
- 1 level tbsp Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 to taste salt
- 2 piece Fresh Green Chillies
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add ghee + Cumin seeds + Green chillies (optional) - Mix on Varoma speed 1 for 4 mins.
Add bokchoy chopped into 3cm blocks - Saute for 8 mins - Varoma, speed 2.
Add tamarind paste, coconut milk/cream, salt and pepper (optional) - cook 90deg, speed 2, 5 mins.
Blend speed 7.5, 10 secs (adjust speed per preference of how chunky you want the bok choy).
Goes best with fish/meat with plain rice.
Can substitute bokchoy with other greens, or add other soft greens such as sorrell, spinach or watercress.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Veg Thai Green Curry Recipe
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters with Chives (Gluten Free)
- Veg biryani
- Quick carrot dhal
- Sweet Potato and Quinoa Patties
- Polenta gnocchi in creamy pumpkin sauce
- Baked Falafel Bites
- Savory lentil mince with Rice and Tofu
- Freeken Good Freekeh Salad!
- Braised Bamboo Shoots
- Pumpkin Falafels
- Vegan Tofu Ricotta Lasagna Roll Ups