- 300 g brown rice, rinsed
- 1 bunch spinach, rinsed, stalks removed, chopped coarsely
- 160 g feta cheese, crumbed
- 1 --- red capsicum, roasted
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 onion, halved
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 1 teaspoon Oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon mixed Italian herbs, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 50 g olive oil
Refer to short crust pastry recipe in the EDC.
Divide into 2 large and 2 smaller balls.
Roll out 2 larger balls and line 2 greased pie tins.
Reserve smaller balls for pie lids.
Rinse rice thoroughly.
Place in simmer basket and cook for 35 - 40 min/Varoma temp/speed 4.
Place chopped spinach into Varoma.
When there is 15 min left on the rice time, place Varoma dish on top of bowl (if the Varoma is too full for the lid to fit securely, place something heavy on top to hold the lid down until the volume decreases).
Remove rice and spinach and place into large mixing bowl.
Add feta cheese.
Add onion, garlic and roast capsicum to mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 6.
Add oilve oil and all herbs.
Cook 3 min/100 C/speed 1.
Tip mixture into pastry lined pie tins (should have enough mixture to make two pies).
Cook for 20 min at 200 - 220 degrees until brown.
Brush with milk for a browner top.
Serve with Tomato Ketchup from My Way of Cooking cookbook.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Asian Style Mushroom Soup
- Roasted Pumpkin and Onion Ravioli
- Sicilian Eggplant Bolognese
- Chick Pea Tofu
- Veg Nachos Recipe
- Vegetarian Chickpea and Mushroom Burgers
- Chickpea stuffed zucchini
- Spicy Vegetable Chapati Wraps
- Vegetable Chow Mein
- Sweet potato and chickpea kofta curry lime dressing
- Vegetarian Lasagne (Gluten free Dairy free option)
- Cauliflower, Paneer and Pea Curry:
- David's Dhall
- Adrian Richards Banana Bread
- Kefta and Potato Casserole with Lebanese Rice
- Zoe's Turkish Bread Pride, Pizza Base or Rolls
- Caramilk Chunk Cookies
- Butter Cut Out Biscuits
- Super Soft Pesto Scrolls
- Dairy Free Breakfast Smoothie
- Choc-caramilk Bavarian
- Rich Tomato Soup
- Salmon Curry