- 3/4 cup --- brown rice & red lentil, mixed
- 1/4 cup --- Evoo
- 750 ml --- chicken stock
- 1 --- brown onion, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoons ginger from a jar
- 1/2 teaspoons garlic from a jar
- 1/2 teaspoons cumin, ground
- 1/2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, (or stuffing mix)
- Salt & pepper to taste
Place rice mixture in the basket & poor over the stock. Cook varoma / 45 mts / sp 2. Drain & set aside.
Place onion, garlic & ginger in bowl. Chop 3 secs / sp 7. Scrape down & chop again 3 secs / sp 7. Add oil & cook 100 % / sp 2 / 3 mts. Scrape down bowl.
Add the rice & breadcrumbs, then season with salt & pepper. Mix 20 secs / sp 3.
Remove half the mixture & set aside. Puree the remasining mixture 10 secs / sp 6.
Add the two mixes together & blend by hand using the spatular. Set aside for 10 mts.
With moistened hands, for 4 large patties. Fry the patties ina little oil till brown on both sides, approx 5 mts.
Serve on a toasted bun with salad & thermomix mayo.
This recie has been converted from Fast Ed of the Better Homes & Gardens TV show. His recipe was origanally for 4 serves, not 2.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tofu Ricotta Lasagna Roll Ups
- Pumpkin & Brown Rice Quiche
- Satay noodle salad
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Ejjeh (Lebanese Omelette)
- Cheesy vegan Caulisotto
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry
- Sweet corn fritters
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Stirfry greeg beans with potato
- Quinoa, Chickpea & Spinach Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Mild Capsicum Soup
- Variation Cajun Dirty Rice (with Chorizo and Shrimp)
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Peanut Butter Chicken Curry - Healthy Mummy adaption
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Tasty Seedy Crackers
- Cashew Carrot Dip
- Taco seasoning
- Variation Roasted Carrot Hummus
- Creamy spiced yoghurt dressing
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- CHICKEN AND PRAWN LAKSA
- Ayurvedic Quinoa Khichari with Mung Dal, Carrot & Kale