1/2 onion OR 2 spring/green onions
1 clove garlic
4 sprigs of parsley
Red chili pepper to taste
1/2 red capsicum/pepper thinly sliced and halved
100 g broccoli cut into florets
20g olive oil
200 g button mushrooms
100 g frozen peas
1 tin/can of diced tomatoes
200 g coconut milk
1 tbsp stock
salt to taste
**1-2 diced chicken breast should there be a meat eater
300g pasta (we really like the large shells with this sauce!)
Add onion, garlic, parsley and chili to TM bowl. Chop for 5 seconds, speed 7. Scrape down sides.
Add capsicum, broccoli and oil to TM bowl. Saute for 5 minutes, 100°, REVERSE, speed 1.
Add mushrooms, peas, tomatoes, coconut milk, water, stock and salt. Cook for 10 minutes, 100°, speed 1. (VAROMA TEMP IF YOU ARE STEAMING CHICKEN FOR THIS STEP)
**At this point place a dampened piece of parchment paper in the large Varoma covering all of the bottom and sides (do not leave gaps around the corners or the chicken juice will leak into the TM bowl and the vego's won't like that!!!) Place, with lid, on top of the TM bowl (without the measuring cup of course).
Add pasta to TM bowl. Cook for 7-10 minutes (read the packet and reduce the time by 2 minutes as the pasta will continue to cook in the TM bowl or serving dish and you do not want a gluggy mess), 100°, REVERSE, soft speed. Check the pasta for firmness- you will want a bit of bite to it otherwise you will find it overcooks just in the time it takes to serve it.
Garnish with fresh parsley. Serves 4. Enjoy!
Yum, yum, yum! This pasta dish is quick and simple with the ability to easily add meat should there be the need (think Varoma!) Many people are afraid to add the pasta in to the sauce but I much prefer to use only the Thermomix when whipping up a quick, but nutritious, dinner and not bother with the oven or stovetop and I have perfected this pasta dish just so. The original inspiration came from Trish B on the Official Thermomix Recipe Community.
Accessories you need
Follow my thermomix blog at simplythermomix.blogspot.com
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pumpkin & Chickpea Coconut Curry
- Breakfast Beans
- Bok Choy with garlic and oyster sauce
- Vegetarian Tacos or Bean Dip
- Spicy Black Bean Burger
- Brown Rice & Lentil Burgers
- Indian Style Dhal with spinach & tomatoes
- Stir fried broccoli
- Spicy Kale and quinoa salad
- Stir Fry Green Beans
- Mujaddara - Lentils and Rice
- Vegan Creamy Mushroom and Garlic Pasta Sauce
- Not-too-naughty Easter Slice
- Delicious french onion and spinach cob loaf
- Fruit and Veg Slurpie
- 1 ingredient peanut butter - Clone of Quick and Easy Peanut Butter
- Rice bubble slice - refined sugar free, lunch box friendly!
- Delicious french onion dip
- Nushi's Tahini Paste
- Nushi's Thai Basil and Spinach Pesto
- Nushi's Banana and Blueberry Pikelets
- Nushi's Mango Chia Pudding
- Nushi's Varomarised Chook
- Nushi's Kashmiri Chicken, Lentil and Pumpkin Curry
- CHEESY CHEESY MACARONI
- Mac n Cheeky
- Meatball Surprise Soup
- Wholemeal Spinach and Cheese Scroll - WA School Canteen Approved (Green)
- Tuna Casserole for 2
- Rich Minestrone soup with pasta
- Easy pasta side dish
- Chloe’s fav Mac n cheese
- Pineapple and cheese scrolls
- That Thermo Woman - Toddler Pleasing Pasta
- Macaroni and Cheese with Bacon
- Creamy chicken and bacon pasta with sundried tomatoes