- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 red chillli
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala (see 'Everyday' Cookbook)
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 190 grams dried red lentils
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 tbsp TM vegie stock
- 750 grams water
- fresh coriander, to serve
1. Add garlic & chilli to TM bowl and chop - Sp7 for 3 secs. Scrape down in bowl.
2. Add spices and cook 1 minute/100/Sp1.
3. Add lentils, tomato, stock & water. Cook 16 mins/100// Sp1.
4. Transfer cooked Dhal to ThermoServer and garnish with Coriander.
I love this dish for it's simplicity and flavours, while being economical, it is also satisfying and a healthy vegetarian dish.
Converted from Michelle Bridges 12wbt this recipe is for 2 generous serves at 320 calories, or can be used as a side dish with rice and other curry's for an Indian banquet!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Red Lentil Dahl
- Jamie Oliver’s eggplant dhal
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spinach Pie aka Spanakopita
- Thai Green Curry Recipe With Spring Vegetables:
- TVP Bolognese (Vegan)
- Pumpkin, spinach and ricotta lasagna
- Falafel (Eastern Sudan Variant)
- Mexican rice (e.g. for Tortillas), vegetarian
- Rich Vegan caramelised onion pasta
- Chickpea Curry
- Masala Oats
- Spring Roll Pastry
- Asian Style Chicken Burgers
- Sweet potato bread
- Masala Dosa
- Fakes- Greek Lentil Soup
- Vegan Cinnamon Scrolls
- Carrot, Ginger and Turmeric Soup
- Fluffy Sweet Caramel Flan
- Frijoles colados estilo guatemalteco
- Red Lentil Dahl
- Chicken, Mushroom & Sweet Potato Bake
- Quick "Chocolate" Cake - Gluten Free