- 150 g ground almonds
- 1 egg
- 15 g Coconut Flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped in half
- 500 g Frozen spinach
- 6 eggs
- 250 g cream cheese, softened and mashed roughly with a fork
- 200 g feta
- 1 bunch fresh mint, roughly torn or chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Grease and line a 24 cm pie/flan dish, and pre-heat oven to 180 degreess
- Combine all ingredients 30 seconds/speed 5
- Place pie crust mixture into pre-greased and lined dish. If necessary place a piece of baking paper on top and use your palm or the bottom of a glass cup to smooth the crust.
Use a fork to make holes in the base (this will help the crust bake evenly) and bake at 180 degrees for 15 mins. Remove from oven.
- Place onion in Thermomix bowl and chop 3 seconds/speed 5
- Add oil to bowl and saute 3 minutes/120 degrees/speed 1
- Meanwhile, place defrosted spinach into a clean chux cloth or nut milk bag and squeeze as much liquid out as you can (this will prevent the pie from being soggy-bottomed)
- Add spinach and all other filling ingredients into bowl with sauteed onion. Mix in reverse () 20 seconds/speed 2, using the spatula continuously to stir the ingredients at the same time. (note: there will still be lumps of both cheeses throughout the mixture. That's good!!)
- Pour mixture onto the cooked pie crust, and bake at 180 degrees for 40-45 minutes until the centre is firm and top is browned
This recipe is adapted for Thermomix from Ditch The Carb's original Spinach and Feta Pie: //www.ditchthecarbs.com/2015/03/18/lchf-spinach-and-feta-pie/
This pie is great served both hot and cold - it's fantastic for lunchboxes, picnics, hot night dinners, as well as a substantial vegetarian meal for Meat Free Monday
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- "I can't believe it's not Butter Chicken" - Vegan Butter Chicken
- Curry Spiced Chick Pea Wrap (Flat Bread)
- Satay coconut curried vegetables
- Spicy Mexican Bowl with Avocado
- Masoor dal, red lentil curry
- Mushroom Wellington
- Ultimate Vegan Cleansing Salad
- Fresh tomato tart
- Bok choy and coconut curry
- Savoury Oat Flour Pancakes
- Hot Cross Buns with plain flour
- Apple and cinnamon muffins
- Lemon & Blueberry Muffins (Paleo)
- Easy Pancakes
- raspberry & coconut slice
- Spinach, bacon and cheese pies (pie-maker)
- Lisa's Banana Muffins
- Vegan “cheese” puffs
- Sweet curry with crumbed chicken on cous cous
- Claypot Rice
- CREAM FILLED ECLAIRS WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- Banana Spelt Muffins