- 500 grams Tic beans(fava beans), skinless and soaked over night
- 50 grams parsley, stalks and leaves cut roughly
- 1 onion, cut quarters
- 5 grams fresh coriander, stalks and leaves cut roughly
- 3 cloves garlic
- 70 grams leaks, the white and green parts cut small portions
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds, ground
- 2 tbsp coriander seed, ground
- 1-2 tsp salt, to taste
- 1 tsp peppers, ground
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Vegetable oil for deep frying, as required
Falafel is believed to have been first made in Egypt. Now it is eaten all over the Middle East. This was originally considered to be eaten as a substitute for meat during lent
The original Egyptian falafel was made from fava beans (Tic beans soaked overnight) but as it moved north is got substituted by the chick peas.
In a TM bowl put all the ingredients with the beans on the bottom 15 sec/speed10 MC supported with your hand.
Open lid, use spatula to push ingredients down.
30 sec/speed 7 with the aid of the spatula continuously rotating or until desired consistency is achieved.
Heat oil in frying pan make falafel patties, small rounds about 3-4 cm diameter, decorate them with sesame seeds on one side and carefully put them in hot oil.
Fry till golden brown, pull them out and lay them on absorbing paper. Serve hot with Hommus salad and or fresh green salad.
Falafe(The Egyptian Way)
Accessories you need
This recipe can be frozen without the baking powder. Thaw it out, bring it to room temperature and then add baking powder, leave for ten minutes, shape and then cook.
For best results, shape patties with wet hands to avoid sticking. Oil should be enough to allow Falafel to float upon cooking.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cauliflower Mornay
- Souffle - Spinach
- Pantry Lentil Curry
- Butter Chickpeas by The Thermo Niche
- Spicy Bean Burgers by Dr Clare Bailey and Justine Pattison
- Veggie Fritters
- Vegan Dhal Tadka
- Vegan Dahl Makhani
- Okonomiyaki (Japanese pancake)
- Thermofied by Nads - MN Mujadara
- Palak "Paneer" (with halloumi)
- Variation Vegetarian nachos
- 'Squid Game' Stir Fry - Bulgogi Beef
- Fig and Walnut Carrot Cake with Caramilk Cream Cheese Icing
- Seafood Pie
- Slow Cooked Lamb Leg
- Cheese and Spinach Chicken Loaf
- Sweet & Sour Pork and Rice
- French Onion Soup Mix
- Cinnamon Apple Cake
- Creamy Garlic Prawn Risotto
- Churros Cake
- Banana Honey & Cinnamon Muffins
- My Everyday White Bread