- 500 grams Tic beans(fava beans), skinless and soaked over night
- 50 grams parsley, stalks and leaves cut roughly
- 1 onion, cut quarters
- 5 grams fresh coriander, stalks and leaves cut roughly
- 3 cloves garlic
- 70 grams leaks, the white and green parts cut small portions
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds, ground
- 2 tbsp coriander seed, ground
- 1-2 tsp salt, to taste
- 1 tsp peppers, ground
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Vegetable oil for deep frying, as required
Falafel is believed to have been first made in Egypt. Now it is eaten all over the Middle East. This was originally considered to be eaten as a substitute for meat during lent
The original Egyptian falafel was made from fava beans (Tic beans soaked overnight) but as it moved north is got substituted by the chick peas.
In a TM bowl put all the ingredients with the beans on the bottom 15 sec/speed10 MC supported with your hand.
Open lid, use spatula to push ingredients down.
30 sec/speed 7 with the aid of the spatula continuously rotating or until desired consistency is achieved.
Heat oil in frying pan make falafel patties, small rounds about 3-4 cm diameter, decorate them with sesame seeds on one side and carefully put them in hot oil.
Fry till golden brown, pull them out and lay them on absorbing paper. Serve hot with Hommus salad and or fresh green salad.
Falafe(The Egyptian Way)
This recipe can be frozen without the baking powder. Thaw it out, bring it to room temperature and then add baking powder, leave for ten minutes, shape and then cook.
For best results, shape patties with wet hands to avoid sticking. Oil should be enough to allow Falafel to float upon cooking.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Braised Bamboo Shoots
- Pumpkin Falafels
- Vegan Tofu Ricotta Lasagna Roll Ups
- Pumpkin & Brown Rice Quiche
- Satay noodle salad
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Ejjeh (Lebanese Omelette)
- Cheesy vegan Caulisotto
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry
- Sweet corn fritters
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Stirfry greeg beans with potato
- Thai Fish Cakes (Tod mun pla)
- Tuna, Zucchini and Pea Slice
- Cranberry, Oats and White Chocolate Biscuits.
- Healthy chicken burgers
- Plant Based Nacho Cheese
- French Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Zuchinni, rice slice
- Gluten Free Shortcrust Pastry
- Satay Chicken
- Mexican Lasagne - adapted from the Healthy Mummy
- Easy Batter
- Dee's Magnificent Shortbread