- 1 cup dried chickpeas, soaked overnight
- 2 cups water, for soaking
- 1 small onion or two large spring onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 heaped tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 heaped tablespoon fresh coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1. Soak chickpeas in the water overnight. Don't try and use tinned chickpeas because it just doesn't work!
2. Put onion, garlic, coriander and parsley in the TM bowl and chop for 3 seconds on speed 7. Scrape down bowl.
3. Rinse and drain soaked chickpeas. Add to TM bowl with other chopped ingredients, the cumin, baking powder, salt and pepper and half a TM measuring cup of water.
4. Process the ingredients for 20 seconds on speed 6, using the spatula to help combine.
5. Heat oil in fry pan, form small balls or patties out of the chickpea mixture and fry until brown and crisp on both sides. Use approximately 1/8 cup of mixture for each ball.
Serve with pita or mountain bread, sour cream, and salad in a wrap or with a salsa of chopped tomato, avocado, capsicum and coriander.
This recipe can be doubled to serve more people
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.