- 1 onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 2 cm ginger, 2 cm cubed
- 60 gram oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground corriander
- 1/2 teaspoon Garum Marsla
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 6 Curry Leaves, Optional
- 200 gram red lentils
- 500 gram water
Add Onion, Garlic and Ginger and chop for 3 Seconds on Speed 5.
Scrape down sides of bowl. Add oil and saute for 1 minute 100 degrees "Gentle stir setting"
Add the salt, cumin, corriander, garum marsala, chilli, tumeric,curry leaves and saute for a further 2 minutes at 100 degrees on "Gentle stir setting"
Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add red lentils and water and cook for 16 minutes at 100 degrees "No counter-clockwise operation" on reverse "Gentle stir setting"
Serve or stand in Thermosaver. Serve with Rice or Indian Breads.
Accessories you need
You may need to add more water as this is a thick dhal, also adjust the chilli as you feel!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cheesy pasta
- Greek Pie
- Clone of Lentil Shepherd's Pie (Thermobexta)
- Layered Steamed Vegetables
- Sauteed Siamese Gourd by @levi_nathania
- Coconut and Lemon Grass Curry Bowl
- Variation Shakshuka
- Gado Gado
- Porotos Granados
- Baked Ricotta and Pea Curry
- Self Crusting Quiche
- Indonesian Clear Spinach Soup @levi_nathania
- Chocolate Rum and Raisin Icecream
- Julie's Tomato Chutney
- Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding
- CHICKEN LARB WITH GLASS NOODLES
- Devilled Meatloaf
- Lisa’s Butterscotch Scones
- Soft Potato Doughnuts @levi_nathania
- Caramelised Onion & Feta Tarts
- Marian's Version of Cut out Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- Feta, Bacon & Spinach Quiche