- 60 grams onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 250 grams lentils
- 800 grams water
- 1 heaped tbsp rice
- 1 heaped teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Sweet Pepper, Lebanese ground mix of peppers
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Put Onion in Thermomix Bowl insert measuring cup and Chop for 5sec/Speed6
scrap the onion pieces from the borders with spatula till they are back at the base. Add salt and pepper.
Put the Vegetable Oil and Saute for 5 min / 120 c /
Put the Lentils with 600 grams of water and cook 30 min / 100 c / ( with measuring cup on)
Crush the Lentils 25 sec / Speed 7 ( crush more if needed till there are no more lentil beens ) with measuring cup on
Add 200 grams water and the Rice cook for additional 15 min / 100 c /
Pour in serving dish and leave till cold and Mujadara is no longer liquidy
Serve either hot or cold
Serve with Green Salad and lemon oil dressing
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Savoury Oat Flour Pancakes
- Adaption of Ambitious Kitchen's Moroccan Chickpea Quinoa Salad
- Vegetarian 'meatballs' (contains Nuts)
- Mushroom & Vegetable Quinotto (Vegetarian)
- Pumpkin & Chickpea Coconut Curry
- Breakfast Beans
- Bok Choy with garlic and oyster sauce
- Vegetarian Tacos or Bean Dip
- Spicy Black Bean Burger
- Brown Rice & Lentil Burgers
- Indian Style Dhal with spinach & tomatoes
- Stir fried broccoli