- 100 g carrots
- 25 g olive oil
- 1 onion
- 100 g brown lentils
- 75 g brown rice
- 400 g water
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cloves
- pinch cayenne pepper
Cut the carrot into large chunks and chop in the bowl 2 secs / speed 5. Set aside.
Chop the onion and garlic in the bowl 3 secs / speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add the oil and saute the onion and garlic for 3 mins / speed 1 / Varoma
Add the lentils and rice and cook for 2 mins // speed 1
Add the Water, cinnamon, cloves and cayenne pepper and cook with the MC in place for 20 mins / / speed 1
Add the carrots and continue cooking without the MC for 10 mins / / speed 1 or until the rice and carrots are tender.
Serve in a bowl with a dollop on natural yoghurt or sour cream (garnish with fried onion)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Breakfast Beans
- Bok Choy with garlic and oyster sauce
- Vegetarian Tacos or Bean Dip
- Spicy Black Bean Burger
- Brown Rice & Lentil Burgers
- Indian Style Dhal with spinach & tomatoes
- Stir fried broccoli
- Spicy Kale and quinoa salad
- Stir Fry Green Beans
- Mujaddara - Lentils and Rice
- Vegan Creamy Mushroom and Garlic Pasta Sauce
- Chicken Loaf style seitan (vegan meat)
- Bulk Batch Mini Quiches 54 - 62 approx
- CREAMY SWEET POTATO SECRET RISOTTO spinach mushrooms parmesan
- Roasted Capsicum and Tomato soup with Goats Cheese
- Shepherds pie
- Apricot Slice
- Wagon Wheel slice
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade
- Fruit Bread
- CHEESY CHEESY MACARONI
- Breakfast Beans
- Tuna Mornay (Variation)
- The Sisters Tomato Relish