- 180 grams dried red lentils
- 20 grams olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 teaspoon ground cummin
- 1 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 2cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 egg
- 1 small bunch fresh Italian parsley
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander
- 180 grams breadcrumbs (made in TM)
- flour, for dusting
- 1000 grams water, for cooking lentils
8Recipe is created for
Measure lentils into the TM basket, then rinse and remove grit. Put basket of lentils into TM bowl, add water, and cook for 15 minutes at 90 on speed 1 with MC off. Drain well and set aside.
2. Place coriander and parsley in TM bowl and chop for 3 seconds on speed 7. Set aside and rinse TM bowl.
3. Add ginger to TM bowl and chop for 3 seconds on speed 7. Scrape down sides and add onion. Chop for 3 seconds on speed 7. Add cummin and oil and saute for 3 minutes at Varoma temperature with MC off.
4. Drain and rinse chickpeas, then add to the TM bowl with onion mixture, half the lentils and the egg. Mix for 10 seconds on speed 6.
5. Add remaining lentils, breadcrumbs and herbs and mix for 30 seconds on speed 4. Use the spatula to help mix the breadcrumbs in.
6. Shape mixture into patties (should make approx 10 big patties). Toss in some flour to lightly coat the patties then refrigerate until needed. Grill on the Barbeque or in a frypan in hot olive oil.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Ultimate Vegan Cleansing Salad
- Fresh tomato tart
- Bok choy and coconut curry
- Savoury Oat Flour Pancakes
- Chickpea Curry
- Adaption of Ambitious Kitchen's Moroccan Chickpea Quinoa Salad
- Vegetarian 'meatballs' (contains Nuts)
- Mushroom & Vegetable Quinotto (Vegetarian)
- Pumpkin & Chickpea Coconut Curry
- Breakfast Beans
- Bok Choy with garlic and oyster sauce
- Vegetarian Tacos or Bean Dip