- 250 g Red Split Lentils
- 1000 g water
- 20 g oil
- 1 heaped tablespoons cumin seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 400 g tomatoes, chopped or tinned chopped tomatoes
- 700 g water
- 1 level teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1 level teaspoons salt
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 30 g oil
- 1 heaped teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 large onions, peeled
- salt to taste
1. weigh the 1000 g water into , insert simmering basket into and weigh lentils into it. Put lid and MC on an turn to speed 6 for 15 seconds, to wash lentils.
Take simmering basket out an put aside to drain. Pour water out and dry .
2. weigh oil into and heat 2 minutes/varoma temp/speed 1, put cumin seeds in avoiding the blade and cook 2 minutes/varoma temp/speed 1 without MC.
3. add garlic cloves and chop 10 seconds/speed 6, scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula and cook 1 minute/varoma temp/speed 1, without MC.
4. Put tomatoes into and chop 5 seconds/speed 4 (if using tinned chopped tomatoes skip this step).
5. Put drained lentils, 700 g water, turmeric, salt and chilli powder into and cook 20 minutes/100°C/speed 1 - 2, MC off, use simmering basket as cover if it spits.
6. meanwhile make the tarka/topping:
chop the onions in rings and finley chop the garlic.
Heat the oil in a friing pan, when it's hot ad cumin sedds and roast for aprox. 2 minutes or til the seeds change colour and begin to release their aroma. Put onion rings and garlic into the pan and brown the onions til crispy, ad salt to taste.
7. season the lentils to taste, serve in four bowls with the tarka/topping for garnish on each bowl.
mild indian lentil curry
serve with rice or naan bread
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- "I can't believe it's not Butter Chicken" - Vegan Butter Chicken
- Curry Spiced Chick Pea Wrap (Flat Bread)
- Satay coconut curried vegetables
- Spicy Mexican Bowl with Avocado
- Mushroom Wellington
- Ultimate Vegan Cleansing Salad
- Fresh tomato tart
- Bok choy and coconut curry
- Savoury Oat Flour Pancakes
- Chickpea Curry
- Lemon & Blueberry Muffins (Paleo)
- Gluten Free Anzac Biscuits
- Easy Pancakes
- Hot cross buns
- Green pesto vegetable soup
- Protein bars
- Vegan “cheese” puffs
- Claypot Rice
- CREAM FILLED ECLAIRS WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- Banana Spelt Muffins
- Hemp rolls Vegan/Paleo/Gaps
- White Chocolate & Cream Cheese Buttercream Icing