- 2 onions, peeled and halved
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 sticks Celery, roughly chopped
- 40 g olive oil
- 2-3 zucchini, sliced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp TM veg stock paste
- 200 g water
- 150 g red wine
- 2 tbsp Maggi Seasoning
- 2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 2 cans lentils, drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- coriander, optional garnish
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place garlic cloves in bowl and mince 3sec/sp7
2. Add onions and celery and chop 4sec/sp5
3. Add olive oil and saute 4min/120deg/sp
4. Add sliced zucchini and saute 3min/120deg/sp
5. Add tomatoes, stock paste, water, red wine, maggi seasoning, ground coriander, lentils and salt and pepper and cook 15min/98deg/sp
6. Stir then cook a further 10min/98deg/sp with basket in place of MC
7. Tip into thermoserver and garnish with coriander, great served with crusty bread
This dish can be made GF by substituting the maggi seasoning with tamari or coconut aminos or even a GF yeast spread (flavours will vary slightly).
Change up the flavours with beef stock if you don't need dish to be vegetarian.
In leiu of 2 cans of lentils 185g dried brown or green lentils can be used - increase water by 100g and cook for 40min step 5 and 15min step 6.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Veg Thai green curry recipe
- Pumpkin Pie
- Blood Orange Marmalade
- Rosa's Vol au Vents
- Banoffee Porridge
- THAI STYLE PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE
- Sweet and sour pork with steamed rice
- Corn and Vegetable Fritters
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup
- Kick-ass Cheddar Cheese and Jalapeño Biscuits
- Hunker Begendi
- Stuffed Capsicums with Tomato, Mince & Rice