- 1 carrot, in pieces
- 4-5 pieces tomato, sundried
- 1 red chilli, dried or fresh (optional)
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and quartered
- 1 tbsp oil
- 150 g rice, (brown, white, long grain or other)
- 1 cans Beans, (kidney, red, 3 bean mix, or other)
- 1/2 cans Corn, (optional)
- 400 g Canned crushed tomatoes, (one can)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste, (or ketchup)
- 100-200 g water
- 2 tbsp Vegetable stock paste
- 1 tsp paprika, ground
- 1 tsp paprika, smoked, ground
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 zucchini, chopped into longish strips (5mm wide)
- 8 small tortillas, (or 4 large)
- 100 g cheese, grated
- 125 g sour cream
- 4 Pickled Jalapenos
- salsa sauce
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Prepare veggies (apart from zucchini) as suggested and chop in the following order:
- carrot 5 sec / sp 5, then scrape sides down and add
- sundried tomato (and chili, if using), chop another 5 sec / sp 5, scrape sides down and add
- onions, garlic and capsicum, chop 5 sec / sp 5
2. Add oil and sautee 4 min / varoma / / sp 1.
3. Add rice, beans, corn (if using), crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, veggie stock paste and spices. For white rice, 150g water should be enough, for brown rice use 200g water.
4. Cook on 100°C / / sp 1 (MC in place) for the time that your rice requires to cook (e.g. for brown rice cook 25 minutes, for white it will be less).
5. About 10-15 min before the end of the cooking time, add zucchini pieces (if you want them mushy, go 15min, for zucchini with a bite, go 10 min).
1. Use grated cheese, alternatively chop cheese pieces for 10 sec / sp 5.5
2. Lay tortillas out flat and spoon some rice into the centre of the tortilla, leaving about 2cm of space along the side.
3. Roll up with one pickled jalapeno either inside or on top of the tortilla and place the wrapped up tortilla into a baking dish.
4. Spread sour cream over the tortillas, sprinkle the cheese over and bake for about 20min at 200°C (175°C fan forced).
5. Serve with salsa and avocado slices.
to make tortillas
Accessories you need
If you like chunky vegetables, the capsicum could be sliced and added with the zucchini in step 5, rather than grated in the beginning.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Asian Style Mushroom Soup
- Roasted Pumpkin and Onion Ravioli
- Sicilian Eggplant Bolognese
- Chick Pea Tofu
- Veg Nachos Recipe
- Vegetarian Chickpea and Mushroom Burgers
- Chickpea stuffed zucchini
- Spicy Vegetable Chapati Wraps
- Vegetable Chow Mein
- Sweet potato and chickpea kofta curry lime dressing
- Vegetarian Lasagne (Gluten free Dairy free option)
- Cauliflower, Paneer and Pea Curry:
- David's Dhall
- Top Deck Caramel Crunch
- Kefta and Potato Casserole with Lebanese Rice
- Family Chocolate Cake
- Zoe's Turkish Bread Pride, Pizza Base or Rolls
- Butter Cut Out Biscuits
- Raw Brownie Bites
- The perfect lemon tart
- Asian Style Mushroom Soup
- Super Soft Pesto Scrolls
- Sweetened Langka (jackfruit)
- Rich Tomato Soup