- 150 g Tasty cheese, cut into pieces (3 cm)
- 2 spring onions/shallots, trimmed and cut into quarters
- 3 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves only
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 brown onion, (approx. 150 g), cut into halves
- 1-2 fresh chillies, deseeded if preferred
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red capsicum, (approx. 220 g), deseeded and cut into pieces
- 1 zucchini, (approx. 325 g), cut into pieces
- 200 g fresh corn kernels, (see Tips)
- 400 g canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained (approx. 250 g after draining) (see Tips)
- 70 g tomato paste
- 400 g canned tomatoes
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 2 tsp ground paprika
- 2 tsp raw sugar
- 1/2-1 tsp sea salt, to taste
- 1/2-1 tsp ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 pieces Lebanese flat bread
- sour cream, to serve
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a round casserole dish or a rimmed pizza tray (approx. 30 cm) with baking paper and set aside.
- Place cheese, spring onion/shallots, parsley and 2 of the garlic cloves into mixing bowl and chop 10 sec/speed 5. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Place onion, chilli and remaining garlic cloves into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add oil and cook 3 min/Varoma/speed 1.
- Add capsicum, zucchini and 100 g of the corn kernels and chop 5 sec/speed 7.
- Add kidney beans, tomato paste, tomatoes, cumin, coriander, paprika, sugar, salt and pepper and cook 15 min/100°C/speed 1.
- Add remaining 100 g corn and combine 5 sec//speed 3.
Place a layer of flatbread onto base of prepared dish and spread 2-3 tablespoons of the corn mixture onto bread, smoothing with spatula.
Place another layer of flatbread on top, then spread 2-3 tablespoons of the corn mixture onto bread. Continue layering flatbread and the corn mixture, finishing with a layer of corn mixture on top. Sprinkle with reserved cheese mixture and bake for 14-16 minutes (180°C) until cheese is golden and melted. Serve warm with sour cream.
You can use thawed frozen corn kernels instead of fresh corn kernels in this recipe.
If you use a pizza tray, ensure it has a lip around the edges to ensure filling and cheese are contained.
You can replace canned beans with dried beans (soaked and cooked) in this recipe (see pg. 179).
Serve with a garden salad, steamed vegetables or cooked black beans.
This dish is a source of zinc, iron, vitamin C and protein.
To aid with digestion and reduce flatulence caused by the fibre in the beans, you may want to add a small amount (just a pinch or two) of asafoetida during cooking. You can buy asafoetida at Indian food stores, some Asian food stores, health food stores and online.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Asian Style Mushroom Soup
- Roasted Pumpkin and Onion Ravioli
- Sicilian Eggplant Bolognese
- Chick Pea Tofu
- Veg Nachos Recipe
- Vegetarian Chickpea and Mushroom Burgers
- Chickpea stuffed zucchini
- Spicy Vegetable Chapati Wraps
- Vegetable Chow Mein
- Sweet potato and chickpea kofta curry lime dressing
- Vegetarian Lasagne (Gluten free Dairy free option)
- Cauliflower, Paneer and Pea Curry:
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats