- 100 g Parmesan cheese, cut into pieces (3 cm)
- 1 brown onion (approx. 200 g), cut into quarters
- 80 g butter, cut into pieces
- 500 g liquid beef stock or 1 tbsp beef stock paste, with 500 g water
- 250 g white quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 180 g fresh mushrooms of choice, cut into slices
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 1 pinch ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- 250 g pouring (whipping) cream
- 2 sprigs fresh basil, leaves only, roughly torn
Place Parmesan into mixing bowl and grate 10 sec/speed 9. Transfer into a bowl and set aside. Thoroughly clean and dry mixing bowl.
Place onion into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides.
Add butter and sauté 3 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add water, stock paste and quinoa and cook 15 min/Varoma//speed 1.
Add mushrooms, pepper and thyme and cook 2 min/100°C//speed 2.
Add cream and reserved Parmesan into mixing bowl and mix 7 sec//speed 2.
To serve, season to taste, then transfer to a large serving dish or bowl, or onto individual plates, and sprinkle with torn basil leaves.
Accessories you need
It would be hard to overestimate the importance of quinoa in Ecuador. In ancient times this seed was considered sacred, holy and able to provide the ancient Incan warriors with super-human strength. To honour this, every year a festival marking the first harvest was held with a solid gold tool used to harvest the first crop. The invading Spanish Conquistadors, seeing the seed’s importance to the ancient Incans, then proclaimed its cultivation forbidden and punishable by death! Today however, quinoa has reclaimed its role as a main component of the Ecuadorian diet and the agricultural industry. A super food known the world over, this gluten free seed continues to grow in popularity and appear in many modern cuisines. This decadent and creamy “quinotto” replaces rice with quinoa.
Recipe by Maria (Mayfe) Fernanda Loayza Hidalgo, President of Thermomix Ecuador, Peru and Panama.
Other users also liked...
- Spicy Bean Burgers by Dr Clare Bailey and Justine Pattison
- Veggie Fritters
- Vegan Dhal Tadka
- Vegan Dahl Makhani
- Okonomiyaki (Japanese pancake)
- Thermofied by Nads - MN Mujadara
- Palak "Paneer" (with halloumi)
- Variation Vegetarian nachos
- Variation Mexican beans
- Baked beans alkalise cleanse friendly
- ZUCCHINI AND CARROT FRITTERS – EGG FREE
- Khichari / Kachari / Kacaharee / Kachari / Kchree /
- Parmesan cheese crisps
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Cheese and Vegemite Scrolls
- Chocolate Meringue Brownie Cake
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Banana Bread Donuts
- Beef Ragu
- Bigilla - Maltese broadbean dip/paste
- Cacao Protein Slice
- A1 Bakery's Cheese Pie by Haikal Raji - converted by Thermo Cazza
- Simple sausage rolls
- Sticky Date Slice
- Veggie Fritters
- Choc-chip zucchini banana cake