- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium red onion halved
- 15 g dried mushrooms (mostly porcini and some shitake)
- 15 cm rosemary sprig (leaves only)
- 2 peeled strips of lemon zest
- 75 g Parmesan cheese
- 350 g arborio rice
- 300 g portobello mushrooms in 1/2 -1cm clices
- 3 tbsp Vege Stock Concentrate, (recipe using 100g salt)
- 100 g Baby Spinach Leaves
- 1050 g filtered water
- 50 g extra virgin olive oil
- 100 g dry white wine
- cracked pepper
- handful of flatleaf parsley, chopped
Chop cheese, 1cm of rosemary leaves and the lemon zest for 10 secs speed 9 - set aside
Chop garlic, dried mushrooms and rest of rosemary on speed 7 for 7 seconds
Add onion and chop for 2 secs speed 5, then scrape down sides
Add olive oil and cook for 1.5 mins, 100 degrees, reverse speed 1, then scrape down sides and base
Add rice and wine and cook for 2 mins, 100 degrees, reverse speed 1,then scrape down sides and base
Add fresh mushrooms, stock and water and cook stir on reverse speed 2 for a few secs to combine, then cook 100 degrees, reverse, speed 1.5, for 17 minutes
Once cooking time finished it will still look soupy - pour into a thermoserver over the spinach and add the cheese, parsley, and lots of cracked pepper. Stir to combine and rest for 5 mins. (If you don't have a thermoserver, use a glass, ceramic or metal bowl and cover it).
Serve immediately with a beautiful salad
Accessories you need
This is my variation of the recipe in the everyday cookbook but much tastier.
If you want a smaller serving use the ratio of 3 parts liquid:1 part rice and reduce all other ingredients proportionally, but keep the same cooking time. 150g rice (450 liquid) is plenty for two people.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Jamie Oliver’s eggplant dhal
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spinach Pie aka Spanakopita
- Thai Green Curry Recipe With Spring Vegetables:
- TVP Bolognese (Vegan)
- Pumpkin, spinach and ricotta lasagna
- Falafel (Eastern Sudan Variant)
- Mexican rice (e.g. for Tortillas), vegetarian
- Rich Vegan caramelised onion pasta
- Chickpea Curry
- Masala Oats
- Paneer Frankie Recipe
- Peach melba Smoothie
- Jaffa Mud Cake
- Gluten Free Polish Plum (or peach) cake
- Gluten Free ANZAC biscuits
- Diddlee Dee Green Smoothie - for St Paddy's Day!
- Soft Butter for the Fridge
- Raw Choc Fudge
- The best gluten free banana pancakes
- Blueberry Bombshell Smoothie
- Coconut and cashew cream
- Vegetarian Kedgeree
- Banana bread with dates and walnuts - dairy and gluten free
- Best & Easiest Mashed potato
- Massaman Curry Paste
- Chorizo Risotto
- Jamie Oliver’s eggplant dhal
- Pasta Arrabiata (all-in-one)
- Roasted Jalapeno / Jalapeño and Chicken Soup
- Roasted Jalapeño / Jalapeno Soup
- Creamy Celeriac and Parsnip Soup
- Dairy free creamy broccoli soup
- Quick Pumpkin Soup
- Variation Chicken Broccoli Bake
- Passata Sauce