Pumpkin, sweet potato & Chickpea Curry
- 30 g almonds or cashews
- fresh coriander, handful or to taste
- 1 brown onion, peeled & halved
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 20 g coconut oil
- 2.5 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1.5 teaspoons garam masala (EDC)
- 1.5 tablespoons vegetable stock concentrate
- 350 g butternut pumpkin, peeled & cut into 3cm cubes
- 200 g sweet potato, peeled & cut into 3cm cubes
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- Baby Spinach Leaves, to taste
- 50 g water
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder, (optional)
30minPreparation 15minBaking/Cooking 15min
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl![X]
Place coriander into TM bowl and chop 2secs/speed 7. Set aside.
Place nuts into TM bowl and chop 10 secs/speed 9 until fine. Set aside.
Place spinach leaves (if using) in thermoserver.
Place onion & garlic into TM bowl and chop 2secs/speed 5.
Scrape down the sides of bowl with spatula
Add coconut oil, cumin, garam masala, curry powder (if using) & saute for 3 mins/varoma/speed 1.
Add vegetable stock paste, tomatoes, reserved nuts, water, sweet potato & pumpkin & cook for 12 mins/varoma/speed 1 with MC removed & simmering basket on top to prevent splashes.
Add chickpeas & cook further 4 mins/100 deg//speed 0.5.
Place into Thermoserver with spinach, add chopped coriander. Stir gently to combine prior to serving.
Cooled curry can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 1 month
Use as a side dish with meat or fish.
Serve with steamed rice or cauliflower rice & a dollop of plain yoghurt (sprinkle with toasted nuts & seeds if desired)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Brilliant Red Buddha Bowl
- Unbeatable Vegan Nachos
- Vegan pesto pasta by @carrotsandflowers
- Chinese Stir Fried Vegetables in sauce
- Vegan Chilli Con Carne (for nachos)
- Pav Bhaji
- Eggplant Parmigiana
- Vegetable Quiche Dairy- free
- Vegetarian NOT meatballs (nut free)
- Quick Lentil Bolognese
- Bill Grangers Corn Fritters with Avocado Salsa
- Vegan Too Easy Chocolate Cake
- Chicken Laksa
- Creamy red capsicum & cauliflower soup with goats cheese
- Pizza Rolls
- Tomato pasta with vegetables and feta (TM31)
- DAD's Steak and Mushroom pies
- Italian Style Chunky Pasta Sauce
- Cauliflower-pumpkin pasta sauce
- Osso Bucco
- SALT 'N' VINEGAR POTATO PIZZA
- Bolognaise Sauce - (Beef)
- Hot (Cross) Buns Grain, Gluten, Dairy and Refined Sugar FREE