- 30 g Almonds or Cashews
- fresh coriander, handful or to taste
- 1 brown onion, peeled & halved
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 20 g coconut oil
- 2.5 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1.5 teaspoons garam masala (EDC)
- 1.5 tablespoons vegetable stock concentrate
- 350 g butternut pumpkin, peeled & cut into 3cm cubes
- 200 g sweet potato, peeled & cut into 3cm cubes
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 400g can Chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- Baby Spinach Leaves, to taste
- 50 g water
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder, (optional)
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place coriander into TM bowl and chop 2secs/speed 7. Set aside.
Place nuts into TM bowl and chop 10 secs/speed 9 until fine. Set aside.
Place spinach leaves (if using) in thermoserver.
Place onion & garlic into TM bowl and chop 2secs/speed 5.
Scrape down the sides of bowl with spatula
Add coconut oil, cumin, garam masala, curry powder (if using) & saute for 3 mins/varoma/speed 1.
Add vegetable stock paste, tomatoes, reserved nuts, water, sweet potato & pumpkin & cook for 12 mins/varoma/speed 1"Counter-clockwise operation" with MC removed & simmering basket on top to prevent splashes.
Add chickpeas & cook further 4 mins/100 deg/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed 0.5.
Place into Thermoserver with spinach, add chopped coriander. Stir gently to combine prior to serving.
Accessories you need
Cooled curry can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 1 month
Use as a side dish with meat or fish.
Serve with steamed rice or cauliflower rice & a dollop of plain yoghurt (sprinkle with toasted nuts & seeds if desired)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Khichari / Kachari / Kacaharee / Kachari / Kchree /
- Janine's Spicy Popcorn Cauliflower - Thermie and Friends
- Okonomiyaki (Japanese pancake)
- Zucchini and Haloumi Frittera with Yoghurt and Salsa
- Vegetable stew with peanut butter
- SEHAM’S FATTEH
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Quorn Chicken Style and Mushroom Stroganoff
- Kisir - Turkish Tabbouli
- Sweet & Sour (not Pork) Cauliflower
- Moroccan eggplant with cauliflower mash
- Beetroot Burgers
- Crispy Waffle Batter
- Apricot Chicken with french onion soup powder mix
- LYNN'S SPREADABLE BUTTER
- LYNN'S STEAK, KIDNEY AND MUSHROOM CASSEROLE
- Variation Chilli Con Carne
- Variation Chilli Con Carne
- Vietnamese Banh Mi baguettes
- Spice Pumpkin Soup
- Apple & Rasperry Crumble
- Chicken Tikka Pathia (adapted from British Indian Restaurant/Take Away recipes)
- BB's Chicken & Corn Soup
- Nanna Mary’s Banana Cake