- 400 grams Quinoa (washed)
- 1 tablespoon TM Veg Stock Concentrate
- 900 grams water
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 red onion
- fresh parsley, Good handful
- fresh coriander, Good handful
- 1 Punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red capsicum
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp Tamari soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 20 grams extra virgin olive oil
- fresh chilli to taste
- 1 cm fresh ginger
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Thoroughly rinse quinoa or soak for 30 minutes if time permits.
Add water and stock to the TM bowl. Pour quinoa into simmer basket and place into bowl.
Cook on varoma temp, 18 minutes, speed 3.
Once cooked, tip remaining water out of the bowl and allow quinoa to cool down. Add quinoa to Thermoserver and put in the fridge to cool.
Place garlic, onion, parsley, coriander, ginger and chilli into bowl and chop for 3 seconds on speed 7.
You may need to scrape down sides of bowl and repeat.
Put into the Thermoserver with the quinoa.
Do not rinse the bowl. To make the dressing, add olive oil, lime juice, lemon juice, orange juice and tamari soy sauce to the TM bowl.
Mix on speed 6 for 10 seconds.
Chop cherry tomatoes in half and dice the capsicum and put on top of quinoa salad.
Mix the dressing through only when you are ready to serve.
Quinoa can be made ahead.
You could use rice or couscous instead of quinoa.
You could add/serve with shredded chicken or grilled salmon.
Chilli can be omitted if not to your liking!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Freeken Good Freekeh Salad!
- Braised Bamboo Shoots
- Pumpkin Falafels
- Vegan Tofu Ricotta Lasagna Roll Ups
- Pumpkin & Brown Rice Quiche
- Satay noodle salad
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Ejjeh (Lebanese Omelette)
- Cheesy vegan Caulisotto
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry
- Sweet corn fritters
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Banana and Coconut Bread (gluten free / paleo)
- Chicken Korma Meatballs
- Vegetable and herb slice
- Muesli bars (nut, egg and dairy free)
- Wholegrain Vanilla Pancakes
- Moroccan Lamb
- Blueberry & coconut ice cream
- Lemon Coconut Bliss Balls
- Strawberry swirl muffins
- Baked New York Cheesecake with Fresh Berries
- FISH FILLETS 'ALLO STILE GENNARO CONTALDO'
- PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE CAKE/CUPCAKE
- TURKEY & ZUCCHINI BURGERS WITH SUMAC
- Gin & Tonic Sorbet
- Freeken Good Freekeh Salad!
- Thai Fish Cakes (Tod mun pla)
- Healthy chicken burgers
- Plant Based Nacho Cheese
- French Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Mango and Coconut pudding (low sugar)
- Gluten Free Shortcrust Pastry
- Satay Chicken