- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 25g each of butter and olive oil
- 2 ribs of celery finely sliced
- 1 large leek, halved longways and sliced
- 200g pumpkin, cut into 2cm cubes
- 200g zucchini cut into 3cm pieces
- 200g small button squash, quartered
- 1 large sprig of rosemary, leaves removed
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 75 ml white wine
- 200g arborio rice
- 600g water
- 2 Tbs stock concentrate (Page 17 Thermomix Everyday Cookbook)
- a handful of fresh basil
- large handful of fresh spinach
- 50g Parmesan or pecorino cheese
- 2 peeled strips of lemon zest
- cracked black pepper
Chop the lemon zest and cheese on speed 9 for 10 secs, set aside and rinse the bowl
Chop the garlic on speed 7, for 2-3 seconds
Add the sliced leeks & celery and cook on varoma, 3 mins, reverse, speed 1
Add the vegetables and cook on 100 degrees for 2 mins, reverse, speed 1
Add the rice and wine and cook on 100 degrees for 2 mins, reverse, speed 1
Add the water, stock and rosemary and cook 100 degrees, 16 mins, reverse, speed 1.5
Add peas and cook a further 1 minute
Add spinach and basil to thermoserver and pour risotto over the top
Add the cheese and cracked pepper to taste and stir gently
Rest for 5 mins and serve with a green salad
serves 2-4 depending on your appetite!
In Australia it has just turned to autumn, my favourite time of the the year. There is a glut of cheap end of summer produce around and it is not so hot during the day. I love a good risotto, but am mindful of the the high glycemic nature of eating arborio rice. This risotto uses less rice and more vegetables, to create a healthier and seasonal vegetable risotto.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Ultimate Vegan Cleansing Salad
- Fresh tomato tart
- Bok choy and coconut curry
- Savoury Oat Flour Pancakes
- Chickpea Curry
- Adaption of Ambitious Kitchen's Moroccan Chickpea Quinoa Salad
- Vegetarian 'meatballs' (contains Nuts)
- Mushroom & Vegetable Quinotto (Vegetarian)
- Pumpkin & Chickpea Coconut Curry
- Breakfast Beans
- Bok Choy with garlic and oyster sauce
- Vegetarian Tacos or Bean Dip
- Peach melba Smoothie
- Jaffa Mud Cake
- Gluten Free Polish Plum (or peach) cake
- Gluten Free ANZAC biscuits
- Diddlee Dee Green Smoothie - for St Paddy's Day!
- Soft Butter for the Fridge
- Raw Choc Fudge
- The best gluten free banana pancakes
- Blueberry Bombshell Smoothie
- Coconut and cashew cream
- Vegetarian Kedgeree
- Banana bread with dates and walnuts - dairy and gluten free