- 400 grams brown rice
- 1000 grams water
- 60 grams parmesan, cubed
- 100 grams Cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 --- brown onion, quarterd
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 --- eggs, lightly beaten
- 500 grams cottage cheese
- 250 grams light sour cream or greek yoghurt
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and cut into pieces
- 1 --- zuccini, cut into pieces
- 6 leaves silver beet
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable stock paste
- --- pepper, to taste
1h 10minPreparation 1h 10minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Insert simmering basket into TM bowl and weigh in rice. Remove basket, rinse rice under cold water and allow to soak in basket 30 mins before cooking. Drain.
2. Place water into TM bowl, insert basket with soaked rice.
Steam 25 minutes/Varoma/speed 2.
3. Once cooked remove basket and put rice into thermoserver and set aside.
4. Empty TM bowl and allow to cool.
Lightly grease a large baking dish and turn on oven to 180C.
5. Place parmesan and cheddar cheeses into TM bowl and grate 10 sec/speed 9.
6. Transfer cheeses into a large mixing bowl with the eggs, cottage cheese, yoghurt, nutmeg, vegetable stock paste and pepper. Clean TM bowl.
7. Place brown onion and garlic cloves into TM bowl. Chop 3 sec/speed7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula. Saute 2 minutes/Varoma/. Cool slightly on a plate and add to egg and cheese mixture.
8. Put red capsicum pieces into TM bowl chop 3 sec/speed 5 and add to egg/cheese mixture.
9. Put zuccini pieces into TM bowl, chop 3 sec/speed 4 and add to egg/cheese mixture.
10. Put 2-3 silverbeet leaves into TM bowl so it is half full. Chop 3 sec/speed 4. Add to egg/cheese mixture. Repeat with remaining silverbeet leaves.
11. Add cooled rice, mix thoroughly till all ingredients are well blended.
12. Put into prepared baking dish. Bake for 45-50 minutes at 180C or until golden and set in the middle.
Serve hot or cold with salad.
This recipe is suitable to freeze once it is cooked and sliced.
If you don't like capsicum or zuccini, use other vegetables with similar texture and colour.
Instead of nutmeg, you can add a tbsp of sweet chilli sauce.
This slice tastes great with the Tomato Ketchup from BCB pg. 247
Good for entertaining.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Beetroot and Feta Burger
- Seitan (vegan mock meat) with crumb mix and gravy
- vegan mac and cheese (veganhuggs)
- vegan chickpea loaf
- Chipotle Vegetable Chilli Bowls
- Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese (adapted from I Quit Sugar/Sami Bloom)
- Misty Moos Dahl
- Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli in Creamy Pesto Sauce
- LCHF egg curry
- Pumpkin Lasagne
- Hops biz zejt
- Stuffed Peppers
- Chicken Paella
- Garden vegetables tagliatelle
- Gluten free low carb mini quiches
- Lamb Saag Curry (FODMAP friendly)
- Beetroot and Feta Burger
- Apple, Pear and Strawberry Purée - ThermieBub
- Strawberry and Banana Purée - ThermieBub
- Carrot and Zucchini Purée - ThermieBub
- Pumpkin Purée - ThermieBub
- Zucchini Slice
- Spicy Rum BBQ Sauce
- Beef Chili with Canadian twist