- olive oil
- 1 carrot, chopped into 4 pieces
- 1 celery stalks
- 1 onions, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic
- 400 grams Cannellini Beans, 2 tins
- 200 grams chopped tomatoes, 1 tin
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 125 grams chicken stock
- 1 ham hock, ask the butcher to chop it into 4 pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 eggs, fresh fresh fresh!!! freshest you can find
- 3 sprigs Continental Parsley
- crusty bread or toast
- With the blades running, add onion, garlic & parsley in bowl and chop 5 secs/speed 4
- With the blades running, add the carrot and celery and chop 5 secs/speed 4
- Add oil, paprika, cloves and saute 4 mins / speed 1
- Add ham hock pieces, tomato, sugar, salt, pepper, vinegar, mustard, stock and cook 30 mins/90º/speed 1/
- Add beans 6 mins/100º/speed 1/
- All the ham should be pulling off the bone by now so remove the bones (keep them for the dog!) and chop big (ie not bite size) chunks up and return the meat into the beans
- Get a pot of water just boiling, not quite boiling, just under
- Set out your serving bowls and serve the beans
- Make a whirlpool in the not-boiling water and gently drop an egg into the centre of the whirlpool
- Let it cook for a approx 2 minutes, depending on the size of the egg. If the white is no longer translucent it’s done
- Remove the egg with a slotted spoon and let as much water as possible get sucked up by the paper towel on the plate, use it to give the egg a gentle pat – don’t take the egg off the spoon
- Gently drop the egg on top of the beans
- Repeat for all eggs.
- Serve with bread/toast
Outof laziness you may say to yourself, meh, I can’t be bothered poaching eggs as well – STOP RIGHT THERE. I'm afraid, you are wrong. That poached egg is not optional. Your mouthbuds demand it, even if they don’t know it yet. The hearty, tangy, smokey bean needs that gooey rich egg.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spicy Bean Burgers by Dr Clare Bailey and Justine Pattison
- Veggie Fritters
- Vegan Dhal Tadka
- Vegan Dahl Makhani
- Okonomiyaki (Japanese pancake)
- Thermofied by Nads - MN Mujadara
- Palak "Paneer" (with halloumi)
- Variation Vegetarian nachos
- Variation Mexican beans
- Baked beans alkalise cleanse friendly
- ZUCCHINI AND CARROT FRITTERS – EGG FREE
- Khichari / Kachari / Kacaharee / Kachari / Kchree /