- 525 g lukewarm water
- 20 g olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 900 g bakers flour, special white if you can
- 100 g Butter, melted
- 500 g Fetta, in large cubes/pieces
- 3 bunches english spinach, washed (can use baby spinach too)
- 1 onion, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1h 10minPreparation 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place all ingredients for dough (minus butter) into bowl and mix 10-15 sec on speed 5.5.
Knead 3 mins. It's a large amount of dough, so may need some assistance with the spatula. Let dough rest for 10 minutes, covered so it doesn't dry out
To prepare dough, cut into 2, then each into 5 balls (you end up with 10 balls of dough).
5 are for the top pastry sheet and 5 for the bottom.
Roll out each piece of dough into a small plate size (10-15cm). Top each rolled out dough with melted butter and layer one on top of each other. Leave the 5th piece on top without butter.
Roll the layered and buttered 5 pieces of dough into one large piece of dough to fit your dish. It should be larger than your dishes with pieces of pastry to fold in over the filling.
Only do the bottom layer to begin with and line your dish. You can will repeat this process for the top layer once filled.
Preheat oven to 180 degrees
Ensure spinach is washed thoroughly and place into a bowl.
Place onion into bowl and chop for 3 seconds on speed 7. Mix with spinach by hand until combined well.
Place fetta into bowl (only if hard fetta, if soft, you can crumble directly onto spinach using hands), and chop for a few seconds on speed 5/6. Keep doing this till you have a crumbly mixture of cheese.
Layer pie (on top of base pastry in dish), with some spinach and cheese, spinach and cheese. Repeat until all spinach and cheese is used. Sprinkle a small amount of salt through spinach (optional).
Drizzle a the oil once layered spinach.
Roll out next 5 balls the same way you did the base. Fold over the base pastry onto spinach then lay the recently rolled top piece on top of spinach. You can lay it so it's flat or as the picture suggets, wrinkle it up to get a lovely crunch. By wrinkling it up, you can use all the pastry so no wastage.
Score or cut through pastry to make 20 pieces (dependant on choice of portion size). This will make it easier to cut when cooked.
Brush top with remaining melted butter and cook for 40mins or until golden brown.
Accessories you need
You can halve this recipe if you want to make a smaller pie. Place cooked pie onto wire rack to allow the base to cool without softening the pastry.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pumpkin & Brown Rice Quiche
- Satay noodle salad
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Ejjeh (Lebanese Omelette)
- Cheesy vegan Caulisotto
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry
- Sweet corn fritters
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Stirfry greeg beans with potato
- Quinoa, Chickpea & Spinach Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Mild Capsicum Soup
- Zucchini and Lettuce Soup
- Home made Baileys
- Greek Cabbage Salad
- Thia Lili's Koulourakia (Greek Easter Biscuits)
- Goji and Coconut Raw Chocolate
- Tacos basic
- Avocado hommus
- Tsourekia (Greek Easter Bread)
- Semolina Custard
- Keftethes (Greek Meatballs)
- Greek Easter Chocolate Souffle
- Galaktobouriko (Greek Vanilla Slice)
- Rizogalo (Greek Rice Pudding)
- Spring time spinach cob loaf
- Mandy’s Chicken and Mushroom Filling
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- Aunty Jessie’s Jam Sponge Cake
- Banana Bread
- No bake Malteser cheesecake with caramilk swirl
- Baked Espresso Martini Cheesecake with Kahlua Syrup
- Layelle’s too easy chocolate tart
- Brown sugar and toffee cookies
- Caramilk Delight
- One-banana Banana Bread
- Caramilk Cheesecake