- 200 g quinoa, uncooked
- 600 g water, plus extra for soaking
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 bunch Kale, de-stemmed
- 1/2 --- red capsicum, diced
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 150 g frozen corn kernels, defrosted
- 1/2 --- red onion, diced
- 1 --- ripe avocado, diced
- coriander, leaves, for garnish
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 15 sprigs fresh coriander, leaves only
- 2 --- Limes, juice only
- 60 g red chilli hot sauce, (I use Franks Hot Sauce)
- 50 g extra virgin olive oil
- 20 g Maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, black, ground
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place simmering basket onto mixing bowl lid and weigh quinoa into it. Rest simmering basket in a large bowl. Cover quinoa with water and allow to soak for 5 mins.
Rinse under running water until water runs clear.
- Place water into mixing bowl with salt. Insert simmering basket with quinoa into mixing bowl. Secure lid and measuring cup, and cook 18mins/varoma/speed 1 .
- Remove simmering basket with aid of spatula and set aside.
Empty water from mixing bowl.
- Add 1/2 of kale to mixing bowl. Secure lid and measuring cup.
Chop 5 sec/speed 5.
Put into large bowl.
Repeat with rest of kale.
- Add kale and quinoa, and all other salad ingredients (except avocado) to a large bowl and gently stir with a large spoon.
- Place garlic into mixing bowl and chop 3sec/speed 7.
Scrape down side of bowl with spatula.
- Add coriander leaves to bowl. Secure lid with measuring cup and chop, 5sec/speed 5
- Add all remaining dressing ingredients and mix 8sec/speed5
- Pour dressing over salad. Mix gently.
Top with avocado and extra coriander.
Kale and quinoa salad
Accessories you need
This salad can be enjoyed warm or cool.
Also delicious with feta cheese on top.
You can also easily add some grilled or steamed chicken or chorizo to please the meat-eaters.
Leftovers would be fine in the fridge for a couple of days in an airtight container.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cauliflower Mornay
- Souffle - Spinach
- Pantry Lentil Curry
- Butter Chickpeas by The Thermo Niche
- Spicy Bean Burgers by Dr Clare Bailey and Justine Pattison
- Veggie Fritters
- Vegan Dhal Tadka
- Vegan Dahl Makhani
- Okonomiyaki (Japanese pancake)
- Thermofied by Nads - MN Mujadara
- Palak "Paneer" (with halloumi)
- Variation Vegetarian nachos
- 'Squid Game' Stir Fry - Bulgogi Beef
- Fig and Walnut Carrot Cake with Caramilk Cream Cheese Icing
- Seafood Pie
- Slow Cooked Lamb Leg
- Cheese and Spinach Chicken Loaf
- Sweet & Sour Pork and Rice
- Cinnamon Apple Cake
- Creamy Garlic Prawn Risotto
- Churros Cake
- Banana Honey & Cinnamon Muffins
- My Everyday White Bread
- Coffee Streusel Muffins