- 100 g raw cashews
- 160 g raw walnuts
- 135 g stale bread of choice, (I use day old spelt sourdough)
- 3 eggs, large
- 260 g water
- 1 onion
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp vegetable stock concentrate, (can use chicken or vegetable)
- 30 g extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 bunch parsley, including stalks, (or 1 tsp dried herbs of choice)
1. Place cashews and walnuts into TM bowl and grind 30 seconds on speed 9. Set aside.
2. Place roughly chopped parsley and stale bread into TM bowl and chop 5-10 seconds, speed 7; scrape down sides.
3. Add remaining ingredients into TM bowl and mix 15-20 seconds, speed 6, until well combined.
4. Pour mixture into well greased pudding basin and place a piece of baking paper over the top secured with a rubber band (I found that when I put the lid on the pudding basin, the varoma lid did not close). Place pudding basin into varoma dish and put varoma lid on.
5. Without washing TM bowl, pour 1.2L of boiling water, straight from the kettle into TM bowl; set the timer to 50 minutes, varoma temperature, speed 2.5.
The pudding is ready when the middle starts to rise. If unsure, test with a skewer, if it comes out clean, it is ready to be consumed.
Tip onto a plate, slice it up and serve with your favourite sauce or gravy. E.g. mushroom and parsley or homemade tomato gravy.
If there are left overs, slices can be used as a sandwich filler; yummy with mayo, mustard and tomato.
This is perfect for a vegetarian Festive celebration e.g. Christmas roast - mock turkey.
This recipe can be found at //radishandpear.com/steamed-nut-loaf/
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegan Moussaka
- Quick & Versatile Vegetable Fritters with Yoghurt Dressing
- Sweet Potato Congee
- Stir Fry Veggies
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- "I can't believe it's not Butter Chicken" - Vegan Butter Chicken
- Curry Spiced Chick Pea Wrap (Flat Bread)
- Satay coconut curried vegetables
- Spicy Mexican Bowl with Avocado
- Masoor dal, red lentil curry
- Mushroom Wellington